Teaching preschool is so much fun. I'd do it full time - such a bummer that my cleaning, organizing, laundry, finances, errands, cooking, and grocery shopping also needs to get done though. Still, teaching this group of cute girls once a month is a real treat. Here's a look at preschool in September. We studied apples and made paper plate self portraits. That's what I love about preschool. You get to study subjects like mud and buttoning. Seriously - does it get any better than that?
I interviewed each of the girls for their "All About Me" posters. When asked about something they love, all the girls said, "my mom and dad" or "my family". Eliza's answer was "a pink dress". Go figure.
These self-portraits were surprisingly quite accurate.
We ate apple-slice sandwiches with cream cheese, raisins, and chocolate chips. None of the kids liked them. Not one.
We braved it and made apple pies. Look how cute and proud they are of their "squishy" pie crusts!
Into the oven. . . with fingers crossed that there wouldn't be any apple explosions.
While the pies baked, the girls practiced their letters. Look how seriously they take this. . .
Mmm. . . my house smelled so good.
What a treat to take home!













2 comments:
What lucky little girls! You'd make the best preschool teacher (or really you're a great teacher at any age). I'm glad there are a few kids out there besides your own that get to experience you as a teacher still!
So fun! I LOVE the idea of making their own individual apple pies. I agree with Mandy, you are an amazing teacher whether it is at school, home, church or preschool! They are lucky girls!
Post a Comment