Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! This year we are thankful for friends, family, teachers, talents, books, music, history, happy people, good health, pancakes with powdered sugar, sunshine, boots, fingers, dancing, language, Z bars, Legos, art, cougars, kind words, fresh air, flowers, pink, soft blankets, cars, testimonies, heroes, temples, chocolate, and the constitution. 
We began our Thanksgiving celebration with a neighborhood football game.  I was busy cooking but I did snap a couple pictures from our front door.  Sounds of laughter, cheering, and touchdown celebrations on our street could be heard from miles around.  I had a fun time listening to it all.

Next the boys started a game of Axis and Allies (heaven) - which lasted three days.  When I woke up this morning I was started to see Brigham downstairs standing in the moonlight staring at the game board.  When I asked him what he was doing up so early he said, "I'm thinking about my next move."
Eliza wishes Axis and Allies wasn't such a long game.
Then we headed over to the McKays for Thanksgiving Feast.
And what a feast it was!  Everything was delicious - including all the pies and cranberry ice which I forgot to take pictures of.

The adult table was disproportionately smaller than the kids table - which was all smiles.
Gobble Gobble!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Looks like fun! Your Thanksgiving food always looks amazing! I don't know how you guys do it!

Allison said...

We missed you at our Thanksgiving, but it looks like you had an amazing smorgasbord of food there and all the kids look like they are having so much fun!