Friday, January 24, 2014

My Birthday and Zoo Lights

It was my birthday last week.  And after a not-so-great day at the doctor's office (me), the school nurses office (Brigham), the  principles office (Isaac), and an unsuccessful (humiliating) trip to the grocery store with all the kids after school (we left with nothing), I was ready to call my birthday quits.  But the day was salvaged by Nate who came home early with cake, flowers, and dinner.  The kids also threw a spontaneous "we love mom!" parade complete with posters, instruments, and confetti.  I opened the present from my mom. (thank you!)
I'm a lucky daughter, wife and mom. Happy Birthday to me after all!






Also last week (not on my birthday but something I've been wanting to do) the kids and I made use of our zoo membership and went at night to see the "Zoo Lights".  It was a little chilly and the kids were disappointed that it was too dark to see any animals. But I loved it.  And after I bought everyone a warm cinnamon roll, the kids soon forgot the cold and their disappointment and we all had a magical time.








The boys loved looking at all the lights through this huge kaleidoscope.
There was a train of window displays where Eliza went missing for a moment.
It was no surprise where we found her - standing mesmerized by the ballerina music box doll.

Hooray for birthdays and Christmas lights that stay lit through January!

No comments: