Happy Father's Day to one great father! These kids are pretty darn lucky to have this dad! We love you, Nate!
We took full advantage of Nate's canceled early morning church meetings and cooked his favorite breakfast - sausage and eggs.
The kids also showered him with their own handmade gifts and cards. Eliza and Lydia filled these jars with cute notes, kisses, and hugs. They couldn't even sleep they were so excited to give these to him!
On the back I wrote the things they told me they were thankful for.
These girls worked hard filling their jars with love. . .
Eliza also painted this picture of Nate's childhood dog, Nike. I don't know what made her think of it, but I thought it was sweet. And cute. She even spelled everything right - a first!
Isaac made a cartoon card.
Complete with a matching origami Darth Vader and a sack of chessmen cookies.
Brigham followed suit with an origami Ewok and a very thoughtful letter folded into one of his signature origami envelopes.
Clayton wrote a computer program using "scratch" that included a hilarious Father's Day quiz with animated responses.
At the end of the quiz, if you get all the questions right, an animated Dad does a funny disco dance.
This had the whole family rolling with laughter. Here's the video clip I took of Nate watching it the first time. I love hearing everyone laugh!
For dinner we had Nate's favorite chicken tacos. Which also happens to be one of our prettier meals. . .
Happy Father's Day!
And as far as my own Dad goes, after a pretty serious motocycle accident in Peru a few weeks ago, I'm just thankful he's alive this Father's Day.
I love you, Dad. I can't think of anyone who does as much good in the world as you . . .
You are, and will forever be, my hero.















1 comment:
(Can you tell I'm avoiding packing?) I loved the video. What a treasure to have the entire family giggling. You are so thoughtful in your holiday gift giving.
Post a Comment