Grocery shopping with the boys:
Isaac: Chicken Thighs? Is that like the chicken's rear end?
Clayton: No, it's the chicken's thighs. Just like it says. If it was the chicken's rear end it would say that.
Isaac: Oh yeah.
both boys were completely serious.
Clayton's analysis:
"The Little Mermaid is a mermaid who wants to be a girl. Lydia is a girl who wants to be a mermaid. Therefore, Lydia is a girl who wants to be a mermaid who wants to be a girl."
Eliza:
"Do you know why I love to swim? Because my hair looks so beautiful in the water."
spoken like a true girl. . .
Deep Thoughts by Clayton:
"If you lived in an amusement park. The rest of the world would just be boring."
either that, or amusement parks would.
Brigham: I think I want to have a monkey birthday.
Isaac: Brigham, that's just like having a human birthday.
Brigham: What??? No it's not.
Isaac: Yeah, because humans are primates. You didn't know that?
Lydia came walking out of the bathroom legs, shoes, everything from the knees down dripping wet.
Me: Whoah, what happened?
Lydia: I wash my feet in the toilet!
Me: What? No, no, no, no, no. . .
Lydia: My feet is aww queen!
Me: No, we don't put our feet in the toilet. That's really yucky.
The next day. . . splashing noises from the bathroom. . .
I find Lydia with both hands - up to her elbows - in the toilet.
Me: No!!! No, no, no, no. . .What are you doing?
Lydia: I wash my ands in the toilet! I not wash feet. Dat yucky.
Brigham: I think I want to have a monkey birthday.
Isaac: Brigham, that's just like having a human birthday.
Brigham: What??? No it's not.
Isaac: Yeah, because humans are primates. You didn't know that?
Lydia came walking out of the bathroom legs, shoes, everything from the knees down dripping wet.
Me: Whoah, what happened?
Lydia: I wash my feet in the toilet!
Me: What? No, no, no, no, no. . .
Lydia: My feet is aww queen!
Me: No, we don't put our feet in the toilet. That's really yucky.
The next day. . . splashing noises from the bathroom. . .
I find Lydia with both hands - up to her elbows - in the toilet.
Me: No!!! No, no, no, no. . .What are you doing?
Lydia: I wash my ands in the toilet! I not wash feet. Dat yucky.
Isaac was impressed with my parallel parking skills (thank you Chicago!)
"Mom, that was awesome driving. I'll tell you the two things that you are best at. Cleaning and driving."
gee thanks bud. sadly, that pretty much sums up my life.
Isaac's class hatched chicks this year.
"I always thought chicks were just soft fluff-balls but they're not. Chicks are actually full of bones."
Clayton: How do you spell death?
Isaac: D-E-A-T-H
Clayton: Thanks.
Isaac: No prob. If ever you need to know how to spell death again? I'm your man.
Clayton: How do you spell death?
Isaac: D-E-A-T-H
Clayton: Thanks.
Isaac: No prob. If ever you need to know how to spell death again? I'm your man.
Lydia came and found me today after stumbling twice over shoes and Legos:
"ore housh ee a mesh."
yes. my house is a mess. get used to it, kiddo. it's only the first day of summer and it'll only get worse. You know it's really bad when the three-year-old notices.
No comments:
Post a Comment