My beautiful Eliza turned 5 last week. She is growing up so fast I can hardly keep up with her. She loves school and can't stop telling me about her day. Her only wish is that she could wear her pink princess shoes - but the gym teacher says no. She's taken to journal writing lately and there is no stopping her. She filled an entire notebook at Stake Conference today and then whisper-read the whole thing to me. She was still reading on the way out. Her notes from General Conference are hilarious - she documented all the goings on of the entire house, including her own when she was playing upstairs, "butthen I rmembrd te lissn to confrenz so I cam bak down angot mortreetz." She stays up after bedtime writing story after story when she should be asleep. Every morning she appears at breakfast with her jumble of pages to staple together - her newest installment. She's still impossible to pin down for practicing or jobs and the second I turn my back she's already waltzed off. . . only to be heard singing at the top of her lungs in another corner of the house. She is on a mission every afternoon to rid herself of those boring school clothes and change into something dazzling and spectacular! 5-year-old Eliza is the sunshine of our whole family. Here's a look at her epic "Elsa" Birthday party which she shared with her best friend, Naomi. Life for these girls just doesn't get any better than this!
Birthday princesses
Love these Frozen napkins - perfect for Primary, right?
Minutes before the party I had the idea to display photos of these birthday girls together over the years. I can't believe they weren't even two yet when they first met.
Melted Ice. . .
Snowballs, Snowman buttons, Snowman noses, Snowman arms. . . Do you want to build a snowman? There were also Frozen grapes and fresh snow dip.
Eliza is using her Elsa powers to freeze the grapes.
It worked!
Are you impressed by my drawing skills? I should go work for Disney, right?
Pin the nose on the snowman. . .
Craft time. . .
The girls decorated their own princess tiaras and made their own wands.
They painted and decorated frames.
Look how cute.
Next into the kitchen for snacks, snowmen, and cake!
"Do you want to build a snowman?"
Look at this amazing cake! I wish I could claim it. But this is all Jessica.
A perfect cake for two perfect princesses.
Ten candles were lit (5 for each)
And wishes were made.
The royal festivities concluded with the opening of presents. Look at these two on their thrones! And a rock concert style sing-a-long rendition of "Let it Go".
Love Naomi's face!
I had a fun time capturing this girl around in all her Elsa glory.
The following Sunday was Eliza's actual birthday and we celebrated with a gigantic cupcake and a few more presents.
She opened the present she's been waiting for - Anna and Elsa dolls.
These sisters are in heaven.
Nate gave her this really neat book called Girls Who Choose God. It's beautifully illustrated and simple enough Eliza can read it on her own.
Happy birthday super girl.
At school she had a "pretend birthday" and got to wear a birthday crown all day.
I brought brownies for lunch.
Yum!
And her dreams came true when a package arrived from Grandma Melissa.
She opened treasure after treasure.
How does Grandma always know the perfect gift???
Happy Happy Birthday to my silly, darling, creative, loving little girl!
We are absolutely enchanted by you.














































































2 comments:
I was doing a quick blog check with Cecily (3) on my lap and she ooo'd and ahhh'd over each Frozen picture. I was trying to narrate it a bit for her, so when we got to the picture of Nate I said, "That's the little girl with her daddy" and she gasped, "Wow! He is SO handsome!" :) (Also--has great taste in books! Girls Who Choose God was an instant favorite over here as well!) #missyouguys
Oh Nate will be so flattered! Personally, I think he's handsome too. . .
can't believe Cecily is three already!
#missyouguysmore
Post a Comment