Friday, February 27, 2015

Enjoying January

The sun came out in January bringing with it some very pleasant and relaxing weather. Life also calmed down and started anew.  There are so many things to love about January.  My birthday.  Saturdays with no place to go.  My birthday. Time to actually take naps, read all the books we got for Christmas, and finish projects.  And my birthday! January always brings new motivation to do, create, organize, and accomplish.  January is a fresh start.  And I love January!
January brought some sunny strawberry weather.
Lydia lives in dress-up land and I indulge her.  This stage doesn't last long and I know I'll miss it in a few years.  She is the princess of everything!
I learned how to bake bread in January!  
Clayton and his friend took over our office for a week with their "Rube Goldberg" contraption science project.
The boys spent every spare minute working on the 3-D globe puzzle uncle Drew sent them for Christmas.  I've never seen such dedicated teamwork!


Saturday jobs went back into full force in January.
So did Saturday play time!

Lydia's outfits entertain us all.
So does her dancing. . .  Isn't Isaac the big brother ever little girl dreams of?
Lydia has been practicing practicing practicing.  It's all she sees so she thinks it's what we do.  Again. . . her outfit!

Along with the practicing (Clayton happens to be practicing for real), also comes the impromptu dance recitals and performances!
Lydia started swimming lessons in January!  Here she is sporting the newest winter swimming look.

PTO hosted "Bingo Night" at the school where the kids learned the ins and outs of gambling. :)  
I let Isaac and his friends loose with my camera while I was helping with face painting and games outside.
I'm glad he got a picture of his teacher - Teacher of the Year, Ms. Diller!
and some of his best friends.
The girls spent their tickets on face painting and candy.


I love these pretty faces!

Hooray for a very enjoyable January!

No comments: