Friday, May 22, 2015

Color Run

We had a colorific time at our school's Color Run fundraiser.  It rained all night and all morning (poor Clayton, who was on a scout campout) and baseball games were cancelled on Saturday, but the sun came out just in time to race at the school.  These kids had a blast. 
I snapped a few pictures of Eliza with her BFF just before the Pre-K race.

And they're off!
Poor Lydia could not keep up with the group of older kids. . .
I had to rescue her and run the last stretch with her while everyone cheered.  Luckily she ended the race with a smile and even got a medal!

The girls did hoolahoop contests for prizes.

Eliza even learned to hoolahoop around her neck.
The girls all got their hair painted.

Here's the 3rd Grade race.  Brig and his side of the group somehow missed the call to "go" and got a late start. 

I almost missed Isaac race but was happy to see him come in third place.
The last race was for everyone.  The teachers lined up around the track to throw colored powder at runners.  
Here they are getting ready.

This is after round one.
Lydia clearing stopped every color bomb with her hands.




The boys ran again and again.  By the end they were covered in so much powder, they looked like zombies.



Which is why I made them all walk home, where Nate hosed them down before they could go in the house.

No comments: