Brigham is nine! And like always, he picked another of his favorite animals as his birthday theme this year: Flying Squirrels. Flying squirrels sound pretty amazing, but have you seen pictures of these guys? They are cute cute cute.
So I brought flying squirrel brownies for his classmates at school and ate lunch with him (and Lyida) outside on his birthday.
Then to celebrate we took him to fly for real like a flying squirrel. The kids were so surprised - they'd never even heard of this place.
IFly is an indoor wind tunnel where you train to skydive.
The boys did a training course and then geared up in their fly suits.
Don't they look awesome?
I took mostly video, but here is a shot of Clayton flying.
And Brig with his chin up, just like the instructor said.
Here he is at the top of the tunnel.
Back at home we had cake and opened presents.
I love this real life shot - before the kids were posed for the picture.
Isn't this cake so cute???
Top view.
Side view.
Brigham loved it too. . .
In fact I kept catching him opening the fridge just to stare at it.
Finally friends arrived for the party!
Brig got a ton of presents including some hard to find Lego parts from Nate.
Including a box full of "Bennies" to pilot his fleet of Lego spaceships.
He also got two flying squirrels.
And a replica of Hedgham Young with his buffalo sidekick to go along with his Hedgham Young book he wrote this year for a school project about Salt Lake City. Thank you Grandma Melissa! Brigham loves his new friends and keeps them displayed next to his book.
Happy birthday to my favorite nine-year-old!





























1 comment:
I love that cake! And I love that boy. It looks like he had such a fun birthday. Jordan can hardly wait to see him (and everyone) this summer. And flying squirrels ARE really cute ni had no idea!
Post a Comment