Saturday, November 7, 2015

Quote Book

Lydia:
"I clean-ded my room all by myself! You have to come see it! Hurry! (yanking me)Hurry, before I mess it up again!"
the urgency was real. and justifiably so.


Isaac and Brigham were sword fighting in full colonial costume. Eliza walked up to them batting her eyes and pointing to each one,
"You are fighting for love. And you. . . are fighting for poetry!"
both swords dropped. both boys stared. Eliza giggled. sometimes even just mentioning the pen. . . is mightier than the sword.


We were listening to the classical music station in the car. I was mindlessly driving while intense Italian opera blasted from the speakers. Finally Eliza shrieked,
"Arrrggg! What is this crazy music? It sounds like fight-singing!"
best description of opera I've ever heard, kid.


Lydia was sick. Eliza was bored. I sent her in the backyard to play. After a couple hours of what appeared to be wandering around talking to herself, I asked her what she was doing.
"Oh, I just got done doing patterns with sticks and rocks. I also did symetry projects with leaves. I acted out one of my own stories and got to be all the characters. I did calendar and morning announcements and now I'm going to centers."
someone might be missing preschool.


Eliza was reading Diary of a Wimpy Kid. After a while she sighed, closed the book and announced,
"This book is weird, hilarious, and sometimes. . . kind of naughty."
spot on. she should write book reviews.


Brigham was helping me sort and fold laundry.
"This sure takes a long time. But what I'm wondering is once you put the clothes in the washer, how does it all get to the dryer?"
um. through a magic tube? a house elf? the things we learn everyday.

No comments: