Thursday, January 17, 2008

It's Not Art.

Clayton knows more than me. Just ask him. Today he came home from preschool with a picture he'd drawn of a rocket ship.
Me: Nice rocket. That's some great art there, kiddo.
Clay: Mom. It's not a rocket. It's a four-engined jet airplane. And it's NOT art. It's real.
Me: I stand corrected. I still think you're a good artist.
Clay: (starts to argue, then takes an exasperated breath) Whatever, mom. It's just that I know more than you.
Isaac: But your airpwane can NOT fwy cuz cuz it's on paypo, Cway.
Clay: Grrrrrr. . . Are you kidding me? I'll show you how I can cut it out. It CAN fly, Isaac. (cut, cut, cut . . .) See? I told you.

4 comments:

Cami said...

You have to love when the kids become smarter than the parents. Kate is not quite there yet, but I'm sure the time is coming. (Jaws music playing in my head.)

NOBODY said...

I do not envy you in the years ahead with those kinds of debating skills at their ages already

The Gunnerson Family said...

It is a sad day when you children realize they are smarter than you. It is even more sad when that occurs at the age of 5. I feel the same with Luke. He will ask me something and then look at me like he doesn't quite believe what I've told him. He never believes I know what I am talking about. Love the updates. It is so fun to hear about you and your little family. Looks like you had a wonderful Christmas with the Smith's. Snow in Seattle, what a nice Christmas present!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Is that kid his father's son or what?? Em, get ready, you're in for it, lol.