Saturday, February 16, 2008

Why Everybody Needs a Best Friend

Best friends are important - especially to Isaac, who waffles between Clayton and Blue Blankie as his "best friend". And since Isaac is full of announcements - particularly when it comes to best friends - one of my most frequent phrases with him is, "Oh yeah? Why?" He ALWAYS has an answer. Here are some of my favorites:

Bwoo Bwankie is my best fwend.
- Oh yeah? Why?
Cuz cuz when I am a baby owl he can be a soft nest fo me.
- Ooooo. . . that IS soft.

Bwoo Bwankie
is my best Fwend.
- Oh yeah? Why?
Cuz cuz he's weewy good at giving kisses. See? Mmmmmmmwaaa!
- Mmmwwaa!

Bwoo Bwankie is my best fwend.
- Oh yeah? Why?
Cuz cuz when we do a show he says, "Wadies and gentomen! Heew is da gweat gweat Isaac to do da show!"
- Yeah, I remember. I love your shows!

Cwayton is my best fwend.
- Oh yeah? Why?
Cuz cuz he pwotects me when da monstoes bwake frew da seewing at night.
- That makes sense. Since Clayton sleeps on the top bunk, he's a natural decoy.

Cwayton is my best fwend.
- Oh yeah? Why?
Cuz cuz he wets me bwake his Wego twacks.
- Uh, I don't think so. That's not what best friends do. That makes Clayton really mad.

Cwayton is my best fwend.
- Oh yeah? Why?
Cuz cuz he just wuvs me. Cuz did you know Cwayton is my best fwend fo wife?
- I did know that. And I love you too.

Yes. It's true. Best friends do all those things.
I'm sure glad I've got one.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your boys are so cute. I love it.

NOBODY said...

I LOVE the dialogue. And that you used the word "decoy" with a 3 and a half year old.

I also love reading his "accent". I try to write in my kids' accents and I didn't realize it, but looking back at old stuff, I'm surprised at how much I've forgotten. They lose their little speech impediments so quickly...:)

Mandy and Brian said...

Emily, you should write a children's book called Blue Blankie about all the different things Isaac and Blue Blankie do together. That is what I immediatly thought of reading that dialogue.

Mandy and Brian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gina Rochelle said...

This boy is definitely your son, check out that lil' creative mind at work!