After my last post, I have been feeling very self-conscious about my ill-mannered and undisciplined kids. (especially after I mentioned my feelings to Nate who nodded with his "I've known this for a long time" eyebrows.) The thought crossed my mind that hmmmmm, maybe
good moms don't let their children jump on the leather couches or crash wheely chairs into newly painted walls. Maybe
good moms actually buy pants for their "husky" second child instead of letting him run around in underwear because his older brother's "skinny" hand-me-downs don't quite fit (or so he whines). Maybe
good moms don't let the children trash every room in the house. (and if they do, they don't video tape it). So, to use a phrase I heard my mother express when we were kids,
"AM I JUST RAISING A BUNCH OF HOOLIGANS?"
.................................................................................
Just so my mom doesn't worry - here are a few pictures I took today of the kids kindly helping each other pour milk, happily wiping the floor, sweetly reading with Daddy, and yes. . .doing personal scripture study. *also note that Isaac is wearing pants.

P.S. If you want to see pictures of our "new stuff" or if you want proof that our house isn't always a total disaster, check out the slideshow (now showing for a limited time).
10 comments:
Ya, nice try Em. But it's pretty obvious those pictures are TOTALLY staged ;) Lol- we all know you're just a FUN mom!
Dang! Are the pictures that obvious?
I didn't think a thing about your parenting when I watched the video, I just laughed at how much fun the kids were having. That is what they will remember is that their mom was so great that she let them do all sorts of fun things to keep themselves entertained. I think that is the mark of a GREAT mom.
I think Isaac is just one of those kids who prefers to be naked (I have a husband like this)! I noticed Isaac's pants in the picture, but I think his shirt is missing. Maybe being totally clothed is just too much to ask of the little guy. I love it when my kids run around in diapers and underwear all summer because that means less laundry for me to do. (Don't worry...I put clothes on them when we leave the house)!
Yes. . . Isaac is always missing an item or two of clothing. Glad to hear he's not the only kid in town (or husband)running around in his undies.
And thanks to my dearest Olivia for your comment. You made my day!
Well mom thought she was raising a bunch of hooligans and we turned out all right! We just have plenty of entertaining stories to tell ;) Allison with a butcher knife comes to mind.....
You have all the signs of a great mom, you don't sweat it if your kid isn't wearing pants, and you can tell that your kids have a lot of fun!!
Anyone who has ever been to your home has felt the spirit of love and peace as soon as they walk in the door! I am inspired by your creativity in helping your boys through a rainy day - sure beats just putting them in front of the TV!
Aw, thanks to all of you for the ego boost. And same back to you for being such good and inspiring moms!
Haha, funny post (probably because I can relate). My kids are hooligans too but I lack the creativity to make any good of it. What fond memories your kids will have of their childhood (when they turn out to be well-rounded perfect adults). What memories will kids with these so-called "good" moms have? uh..our house was very clean and my clothes were pressed.
Post a Comment