A Rhyme for Clayton
Everyone needs a Clay-Kid around.
Clayton the inventor - the scientist too.
He can explain what trains and rockets do,
Or engineer a monorail track,
From the front of the house, 'round the corner and back.
He tells knock-knock jokes all over the place.
And can spout random facts about outer-space.
He's quick to learn. My brain can hardly keep up.
It's easy to forget that he's not a grown-up.
Clayton the expert. Clayton the clown.
I'm sure glad I've got a Clay-Kid around.
A Rhyme for Isaac
I like Isaac.Laughing Isaac.
Silly face Isaac.
Falling all over the place with Isaac.
Imagining this and pretending that.
"I'm not a kid. I'm a saber-toothed cat!"
Is it a bed? No, it's a boat with wings,
That can sail the sky and do magical things.
Pirate Isaac.
Astronaut Isaac.
Making a banana-fish-pie with Isaac.
Nothing is what it seems with Isaac.
I like Isaac.
A Rhyme for Brigham
Briggs-Briggy-Iggy-BooWhat in the world would I do without you?
You're charming and sweet - a chatterbox too.
With heavenly eyes, sparkly-silvery-blue.
You're "one of the boys" though you're not quite two.
Oh, lovely hat! You can throw a ball too?
And count and climb. Let's hide. . . PEAK-A-BOO!
Brigham-Bubble-Snuggle-Bug-Zoo.
Brigger-Snack-Kiss-Me-Back-Tickle-Me-Too.
Briggs-Briggy-Iggy-Boo.
I love you.
9 comments:
Too cute! Your boys will tresure these little poems.
ooh ooh, where's mine? Where's mine?
I like Emily, she is cool.
She likes music and she likes school.
One day maybe she'll write me a rhyme, but I bet I will have to pay her a dime.
(That's just my estimate based on the price of talks, secrets, and donuts in your house...)
Jk, I love the poems- you better digi-scrap those!
Hahahaha.
Sara. Sara. She's so awesome.
She can cook and plant a blossom.
There's your rhyme. That's the end.
And it's FREE cuz you're my friend.
Love ya, Sara!
my grandma wrote all of her grandchildren poems - and we love them! i bet your children feel so special :)
Actually I got my inspiration after reading "Rhymes for Annie Rose" by Shirley Hughes(the author you introduced me to and who is now one of MY favorites). She just captures the essence of childhood so nicely. So thanks, Sheralie.
That's so cool! Looks like you read quite a bit of ryhmes. Makes me wish I could write, but that's Jamie's area.
oooh, I LOVE my poem Em. It's going on the fridge right now ;)
Emily, you have always been so creative. I on the other hand am far from it. I think that is why I have such a hard time scrapbooking, decorating, and crafting. I just don't have a great imagination or creative spark. I love the poems. They really pick up on the little things that make each boy what they are.
Emily, I am just blog stocking off of Olivia's blog and I happened to stop on yours, what a joy to read your special poems about your boys. I think you are onw of those ideal moms who just is so patient and kind and your children are us as smart and talented as you are.
Post a Comment