Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Zoo Nostalgia and Other Random Thoughts

Clayton's thoughts on moving:
"When we move to a hotel, will our neighbors be brown?"
- (half laughing at his hotel/apartment mix-up and fondly remembering Franco and Milagra - our nice Argentine neighbors at our last apartment)

"Why can't we bring our sandbox when we move?"

- Because we won't have a backyard. (whine, whine) But we'll have a swimming pool. Most apartments have swimming pools.
"Wow! And tigers too? (clearly remembering the Mirage in Las Vegas) People must be RICH! who live in apartments."
.........................................................................................................
Clayton's thoughts on good nutrition:
"If you want to be healthy, you should just close your eyes when you go to the store. That way you won't see the cookies and the fruit snacks."
- So true, my son. So true.
........................................................................................................
Nate's thoughts on my new haircut:
- Do you like it?
"um. . . (stall stall stall)"
- You don't like it. I can tell you're trying to be honest without hurting my feelings.
"No. I like it sometimes. It's just that sometimes I don't." (with his melt-my-heart smile and those I-love-you eyes. . .)

7 comments:

Kristie said...

Em,
Lets see a picture of the hair cut, and why are you moving to a hotel? Your kids are so funny!

Take care
Addison

Nikki said...

Where are you moving?? Kids say the funniest things.

Emily said...

Okay, I just posted a picture of my haircut so you all can decide if you like it "sometimes" or not.

We're moving this summer but staying in Texas. I'll send out emails to everyone with more details.

Allison said...

Well, I like your haircut and that sounds exactly like what Dave said about my new haircut. (It's much shorter than I have ever had my hair before).

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Okay, I'm going to print out Clayton's thoughts on nutrition and paste them to my fridge, lol. What a funny kid. I'm glad you write these things down.

And what is Nate smokin'? I love your hair- it's totally cute!

Big Jay said...

Yeah. I like your hair too.

Gina Rochelle said...

Your hair is so cute! And yes I think we would all do well to wear blinders through the grocery store. I think this is one reason I had Jamie do the grocery store when I was pregnant.