Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Balloon Singing

Okay, this movie is kinda dumb. But my kids think it's hilarious. They seriously laughed harder watching themselves than they did when I was actually filming (except for the last part which just makes Isaac sad). I don't know what it is about balloons. Just kidding. Did you know balloons vibrate and actually amplify your voice when you sing (or yell) into them? Yeah, my genius kids figured that out.
So balloons are yet again the toy of choice around here - at least for as long as they last. . .

(if you missed the last "balloon" video you can click on "My Short Films" on the sidebar and watch it just for kicks.)

13 comments:

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Awe...is it bad that my favorite part about that video is the ending? lol. Poor Isaac!

Mandy and Brian said...

Hahaha, just wait until they discover what singing into a fan will do....I would spend hours talking into the fan in my room when I was younger....and fans don't pop, maybe that would be a better choice for Isaac!

Emily said...

Warning! that's really loud. You might want to turn the volume down a tad. . .

Liz said...

My boys LOVE your little movies!!! Ryan is also obsessed with Chitty Chitty so he had me play the clip with the song over and over again!!! You are so clever!!

Gina Rochelle said...

Cute. I think it's so great your boys are such friends (or at least pertend to be for cameras)! I'm the really weird mom that allows her kids to destroy my house if they are working happily together. If only they figured that out.

Emily said...

I'm with you, Rochelle - As long as they're playing nicely together? who cares what mess or mischief they're into.
Okay, sometimes I care.

And as far as being friends - I think you missed the part where Isaac clocks Clayton on the head - FOR NO REASON!!!!

Liz - I THOUGHT it was your boys that were into Chitty Bang Bang - Ah, a kindred spirit!

Christina said...

That is so cute! I love how they interact.

Emily said...

Nate says I need to get the kids some better pajamas. Guess he's tired of me exposing their dorkiness on the internet.

The Gunnerson Family said...

I love the video. I know so little about the computer (or my camcorder) that I wouldn't know how to put together a little clip like that. I love the p.j.s. Little kids can't stay in the covers so you have to get them really warm pajamas that have feet in them so they don't get cold! Fashion has to take a break at night I guess.

Michelle said...

Hey Emily! Wow I didn't know you had three boys!! That's really fun. I loved seeing your nice clean home on the side bar. Maybe I should do that too and when I'm overwhelmed by my messy house, I'll just look at my blog and feel peace.

Jesse said...

I predict that someday your boys will become famous opera singers- and be the first to introduce the balloon singing technique to audiences at the Met.

Sheralie said...

TAG! You are it!

Russ Cannon said...

Have the boys tried sucking helium out of balloons yet? It makes for a great Alvin and the Chipmunks imitation! It also sounds great when you sing the munchkin song from the Wizard of Oz. I wonder how much brain damage I suffered from all the helium that I sucked as a kid?

Uncle Russ