1 - I am the second oldest and shortest of 5 sisters. I am the only one without blond hair and blue eyes. AND out of my sisters, I am the only one married to an "American", or so I joke since I think technically all my brothers-in-law are citizens or duel-citizens now.
2 - I have never broken a normal bone. But I broke my front tooth twice: The first time night skating on the pond in 5th grade and the second time tubing at the ranch in high school.I also broke my nose twice: The first time playing soft ball in 5th grade and the second time swing dancing in college. 5th grade was a bad year.
3 - I have been to 19 different countries:Canada, USA, Mexico, Panama, Bolivia, Peru, England, Germany, France, Belgium, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, Israel, Jordan, Egypt, Ethiopia, Tanzania, and Kenya.
4 - Nate and I were both born in Northern California in the same year and had the exact same due date. Except he was born a day early and I was born two months early. All the birthdays in our family are divisible by seven - also interesting.
5 - All of my sisters are excellent musicians and growing up we performed together all over the place, including Carnegie Hall and the Barbican Centre in London. I single handedly "broke up the band" when I got married and moved to Chicago. I am still the only one who lives away from family.
6 - My two claims to fame: 1) My after-school orchestra program was featured on KTVX News and made headlines in the Chicago Sun Times. 2) Among the guests at my wedding was Stefanos Mengesha, the Crown Prince of Ethiopia.
7 - I grew up in the most beautiful place on the face of the earth - a 160 acre ranch in Oakley, Utah.
I tag Liz, Olivia, Stephanie, Cami, Alli, Mandy, and Deb.
9 comments:
How fun!! I loved all your interesting little facts and pictures. you are pretty much famous!
I loved reading all of those facts! By the way, Dave still isn't an American citizen, so you can definitely claim that he isn't. It will be a few more years before he actually qualifies for citizenship. Right now he is just a permanent resident.
That was really cool. I did not know those things about you. Sure makes my life seem boring. Thanks for sharing.
Wow! What an adventurous life you have led so far. Have you began teaching your kiddos to play some intstruments so you can start your family concerts again????
Wow, I actually knew a few of those!
Good job Rochelle! I actually think you were at the ranch both times I broke my tooth, at least I know Chris and Jesse were both there. They helped me search in the snow for hours for my tooth which probably shattered into a million pieces.
And if I remember right, I think Jesse is the one that took me to the emergency room when I broke my nose at BYU.
Emily, you are amazing! You never know when you meet someone how much has gone in to making them who they are. I love your pictures.
That was really fun to read. I loved all the pictures. One thing I remember from our Chicago days was what an amazing teacher you were. Those inner-city kids were so blessed to have you in their lives.
Hi. I'm one of Jenny's friends and I just wanted to say that I LOVED this post. I thought it was so fun to read. I don't think I even have 7 random facts about me. Especially ones that are so interesting. Thanks for sharing! :)
Post a Comment