Monday, July 28, 2008

The Place Where The Rainbow Ends

My dad and I took these pictures after a thunderstorm the other day. My only regret is that we couldn't capture the entire arch of the rainbow with our cheap cameras or the sweet smell after rain. But it was still a spectacular and enlightening surprise to find my own "home" at the end of the rainbow.




Where care shall be quiet,
And love shall run riot,
And I shall find wealth in my friends;
Then truce to the story,
Of riches and glory;
There's the place where the rainbow ends.

- Paul Lawrence Dunbar

5 comments:

becca said...

Wow, Em. Those are amazing!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Seriously- COOL!

Jenny said...

Oh so beautiful! I wish I could have been there to see it. Thanks for posting these, I've saved them to my computer.

Gina Rochelle said...

Awesome! That's great that you found that poem to perfectly match. Thought though, is your house the end of the rainbow or the source? :)

Kristie said...

Em,

This is so funny because Kristie and I took a very similar picture in Oakley that same night. Check out our blog. We drove past your parent’s house on our tour of the valley. We should have stopped by to say hi, but I didn't realize you were still in Oakley. We had a great time at home as well.

Addison