Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Conversation About Poo

Brigham found a plastic Winnie the Pooh toy at grandma's house.

Brigham: (with all the excitement his little voice can muster) Wook! I fown Pooh!
Isaac: (with authority) No Bwiggs. Dat's Weeenie da Pooh.
Brigham: (in his defiant screechy voice) NO! I need da Pooh.
Isaac: No. (with emphasis) WEEEEEEEEEnie da Pooh.
Brigham: (even louder and yanking the toy through the air) No! I need da Pooh!
Isaac: (screaming) NO! WEEEENIE DA POOH!
Brigham: (throwing himself on the floor, kicking his feet, clutching the toy, and screaming) NO! I NEED DA POOH! Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. . .
Clayton: (completely engrossed in his Marble Works contraption and without even looking up) Poo? Yuck. That's a bathroom word.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I always chuckle at your boys' conversations. Too cute!

The Gunnerson Family said...

I love to listen to the little conversations that kids have with each other, and your boys are always the best!

Gina Rochelle said...

Hey, poo, that's a big topic at our house too! Clayton better stay clear of here.

Sheralie said...

How do you remember all the conversations of your children? They are fabulous.

Emily said...

ha ha Sheralie - I usually try to write funny stuff down. (but sometimes, it's only funny because of the facial expression or tone of voice or whatever and totally NOT funny just in words) In this case, I wasn't the only one who heard this little exchange. We all chuckled over Brigham's misunderstanding and Clayton's final declaration.

I had to "preserve" it here because it's one of the FEW times I've heard a half-coherent conversation between all three boys.

Anonymous said...

awesome conversation.
I had to read it aloud to J.
I didn't even get it at first that Brigham was hearing him say We need.