Friday, November 7, 2008

The Boy Who Loved Balls

Once upon a time there was a little boy who loved balls - nerf balls, footballs, soccer balls, baseballs, basketballs, bouncy balls, O-balls, tape balls, golf balls. If ever there was a ball in the universe (or at ANY store) the little boy wanted it. Even though his house was already so full of balls that his mom and dad had to kick them out of the way just to go to bed or pull the car into the garage. In fact, the car was already full of balls too. And sometimes when the door opened a ball rolled into the parking lot. But it was always returned by kind strangers who smiled at the boy who loved balls. The boy carried his balls everywhere. He played catch with neighbors and other parents outside the school. He rolled balls down the slide and pushed them in the baby swing at the park. He also liked to kick them into puddles. One day he kicked his ball into a really big puddle - a pond actually. He cried and cried until the wind blew just enough for his mom to fish it out with a tree branch. But most of all, the boy loved throwing balls from the jogging stroller and laughing while his mom chased after them. Yes, the little boy loved balls.



Please don't judge me by my horrible aim (Nate and Clayton are pros. I'm about on Isaac's level). This is like the most manly/commando game I've ever played - ever. But the kids think it's hilarious and it's BY FAR one of Briggy's favorite "ball" games. So thank you again to the person who gave Clayton this nerf ball shooter for his birthday - fun beyond imagination.
.

10 comments:

Aplanalps said...

Ohhh, we gotta get one of those!!! (Evil laughing!)

The Gunnerson Family said...

I don't think that people who don't have boys understand that shooting at your children with balls is actually a totally advisable activity! I say whatever keeps them happy, but I know some people (who don't understand that boys are always ROWDY) who don't like rough housing! I love it. I am glad that you are able to take a little aggression out on you kids with the nerf balls!

Where did the mayridge post go? I wanted to comment and tell you how hilarious it was. Sound like you have a little heart breaker on your hands!

Michelle said...

I watched this with Ella and Abram. Here's the difference between boys and girls:

Ella: Why is the Mommy doing that to her boys?? (shocked and concerned)

Abram: Do another one (video) Mommy, do another one...

Me: Sorry Abram, that's all there is.

Abram: Darn it!!

Sara @ Our Best Bites said...

Haha, Briggy's little squeal at the very end was our favorite!

Sam said...

Nate and Em, This is me.

houseofpaynesandiego.blogspot.com Long time no see.

Christina said...

You are actually making me want to go out and buy one of those! I am afraid that Samuel has started to like guns and this might be a good comprimise.

Unknown said...

Em, those boys look about as happy as boys can be. I had a Young Men's activity that was pretty much the same thing, and they still love it at that age, so I don't think it will ever get old. My question is where did Clayton run off to? He must have a good hiding spot...

Gina Rochelle said...

boys ARE fun! I won't insult your aim because I'm the same and I'm just impressed you can hold the camera and the cock the gun

Emily said...

Thanks Rochelle - I was HOPING someone would notice and appreciate at least that!

April & Anthony Callison said...

this made me hope to have 3 boys one day...so we could do the same thing as a fam. so fun!