Yep, that's right. For the first time EVER we did not (could not afford to) travel for Christmas. And although we missed our extended families. . . and snow - we had quite an enjoyable and relaxing (um, but definitely not quiet) Christmas vacation in our own home. Here are a few highlights:
Christmas Eve: Jenny and Mark (by some miracle) just happened to be in Houston for a Chinese Extravaganza. I mean, Family Reunion. So in between a buffet lunch and their own big Christmas Eve dinner, they came over to celebrate with us - Smithstyle.
. . . which was lucky because otherwise our nativity would have consisted of three wise men (who only wanted to be kings because of the chocolate coins), a shepherd, and an angel. So thanks guys - for being the holy family (even if baby Brian refused to wear swaddling clothes)
Christmas Morning: To Isaac's utter surprise and despite all the "no presents for Christmas" threats, Santa still brought Isaac exactly what he asked for. All the boys enjoyed flying their new Lego airplanes and taking their own cheapo digital pictures.



Christmas Morning: To Isaac's utter surprise and despite all the "no presents for Christmas" threats, Santa still brought Isaac exactly what he asked for. All the boys enjoyed flying their new Lego airplanes and taking their own cheapo digital pictures.


Here's Clayton and Isaac busily building.
I love the hair. Really, I do.
Briggy and his Christmas bear. . .
I love the hair. Really, I do.
Briggy and his Christmas bear. . .Besides the "Pig ball" my mom sent him, this was Brigham's other favorite Christmas gift (which Santa is already regretting)
And of course, WAY. TOO. MUCH. candy - for everybody.

Isaac could not give up his position of royalty from the night before. . .
or the other dress-ups, while making use of his new art supplies. . .
Christmas Vacation: Jenny and Mark came to visit (cook, clean, babysit, and repair our electronics) again for a few days. Bri-Guy and the perfectly beautiful weather were definitely the highlights.



New Year's Eve: Following one of my mom's traditions, I decorated our tree with balloons stuffed with candy, money, fortunes, and 2008 trivia questions - which we popped at midnight (6:00 p.m) with an official toast to the new year!
4 comments:
Oh that sounds like so much fun! We missed you guys this year though!
Looks like tons of fun!!! You have a knack for making the best of every situation I love it!!
Thanks Em for putting us up for all those days and feeding us and making the vacation actually seem like a CHRISTMAS vacation rather than just a Chinese food fest. We miss you guys and Brian REALLY misses the boys. I think he's incredibly bored here with me.
I love the balloon on the tree tradition! I think I might seriously start that one, how fun!
Post a Comment