Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Few Local Businesses

Here are a few local business signs that seriously crack me up. Ten or twenty years from now I"ll still remember Macho Polo every time I get my hair cut (with regret for never trying out his salon). The sign at James Coney Island is funny because, Hellooooo! it's a drive-thru. ONLY a drive thru. And Evans Music City? I dedicate that one to all my sisters.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Here's to Houston!

Emily said...

Just so I'll never forget. . .

Pete said...

Did you just make two comments on your own post? Ah the great city of Houston and its garish signs.

Emily said...

Pete - who reads other people's posts from four months ago??

I just noticed this post on my dashboard. unpublished. I thought I'd at least publish it for posterity.
And since I ASSUMED I'd be the only reader, I also thought I'd add my own two-cents-worth.

But I'm glad your memories of Houston are as fond as mine.