The most exciting thing happened last night. My dad had a 5-hour layover in Houston on his way back from Guatemala. So we picked him up at the airport and met Nate downtown for a walking tour of the city from Nate's office to the courthouse parking garage (to get Nate's gym shorts from his car), to the Aquarium where we ate dinner.

And why is Isaac wearing Nate's. . . er, I mean Uncle Drew's gym shorts??? (Sorry Drew. Nate took them the last time he was in Seattle) Um, remember when I bragged about not needing a diaper bag anymore? Well I take it all back. After a few hours stuck in bumper to bumper traffic Isaac was in sheer agony. He held it all the way to Daddy's office and ALMOST into our parking spot.
But not quite.

The shorts were a little much for him to manage but he was a good sport (not the slightest bit embarrassed - unlike his mother) and entertained us all with his awesome karate kicks and jujitsu moves.

Mmmmm. . . my Filet Mignon was delicious!
(thanks Dad.)

I was sad to take my dad back to the airport. I am always amazed by his life philosophy, his calm serenity and his enduring ability to enjoy each moment and feel right at home pretty much anywhere or with anyone (including the poorest villagers in Mozambique or my pee-pee-pants kids). I realize every time I talk to him that like Isaac, I have some big shorts to fill.

And why is Isaac wearing Nate's. . . er, I mean Uncle Drew's gym shorts??? (Sorry Drew. Nate took them the last time he was in Seattle) Um, remember when I bragged about not needing a diaper bag anymore? Well I take it all back. After a few hours stuck in bumper to bumper traffic Isaac was in sheer agony. He held it all the way to Daddy's office and ALMOST into our parking spot.
But not quite.

The shorts were a little much for him to manage but he was a good sport (not the slightest bit embarrassed - unlike his mother) and entertained us all with his awesome karate kicks and jujitsu moves.
Mmmmm. . . my Filet Mignon was delicious!
(thanks Dad.)

I was sad to take my dad back to the airport. I am always amazed by his life philosophy, his calm serenity and his enduring ability to enjoy each moment and feel right at home pretty much anywhere or with anyone (including the poorest villagers in Mozambique or my pee-pee-pants kids). I realize every time I talk to him that like Isaac, I have some big shorts to fill.
9 comments:
Hahaha those are some great pictures. Isaac cracks me up!
Once again, Isaac has provided me with my much-needed "laugh of the day"!
Every blog post you do is such a gem!
And you are right.....Tim is still amazing.
I'm so glad you got to see Dad even if it was for such a "short" time. The pictures of Isaac are hilarious.
I love reading your blog; you are so funny and so insightful. Your Dad is a great man; I will always remember what an example he was to me. Hearing about all the things you are accomplishing in your life leads me to believe that you are on your way to filling those britches.
Take care!
Add
Like everyone, I am laughing out loud to myself right now. I'm glad Dad got to stop over. There is nothing like going out to dinner with Dad, I love it!
I love that Isaac was totally NOT embarrassed about having to wear Nate's shorts. He is so funny. I miss you guys! I also can't believe that Brigham is already potty trained! I need some tips! Jordie is totally against the idea and as of right now there is no convincing him.
Great post. HOuston airport is great for layovers - I am so very glad you could see your Dad!
Your dad really is great, and you are well on your way to filling his "shorts".
Issac is so funny in those shorts, and it seems like you never get away from needing a diaper bag!!!!!
Um, first of all - Brigham is NOT potty-trained. He just refuses to wear anything but underwear. (mostly because Isaac makes fun of him. Ha! look who's talking now!)
Post a Comment