Monday, March 16, 2009

Street Games

This movie is dedicated to playing on our street.

Oh, and. . . Um. Did I mention that my kids are into Star Wars?
I did? Well, then just in case you haven't seen or heard enough. . .




A few things I've learned about boys: They enjoy whacking each other with plastic sticks. They could live outside. . . and would if I'd let them. They crash and burn (sometimes on purpose) and think it's a mark of coolness. Spontaneous wrestling? I still don't understand it, actually. But when all is said and done,
boys really do have the best adventures.

Oh, and a shout out to Dave for introducing me to "Gritz"
- the perfect music for this movie.
.

14 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh what fun. I can't wait until it is warm enough here for the boys to go out and play. I am sure it will be three more months, but I am anxiously awaiting it.

April & Anthony Callison said...

Ok - since part of my life-long goal is to have blogs 1/2 as good as yours...

I MOST know. What type of video editing software do you use? Just got a camera, but no clue how to edit stuff. Any suggestions??

Christina said...

Someone needs to teach Admiral Kev how to hold a light saber. He was swinging it by the light part, which I am sure is against Star Wars rules.

I am with April, can you let us in or your secret or do you edit by pure genius. If genius is the case, I am out.

Emily said...

Ha ha - I have been using Roxio Easy Media Creator for the last few years. It can do a lot of tricks but it was sort of hard for computer-illiterate me to figure out. Before that I used Windows Movie Maker - already installed on my computer (if it's not on yours you can download it for free). You can do all the basics with it and it's VERY self-explanatory.

Christina - I think you have a Mac. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!! You will be able to do even cooler stuff than me and EASIER! Macs are SO much better for video editing. Just look for the compatible software.

Emily said...

And yes - clearly Admiral Kev has not taken my Jedi Training Course. . .

Unknown said...

Hey, some Jedi's have more secrets then others...

I don't think we give Admiral Kev enough credit. Maybe he realized the handle is heavier and according the the laws of physics, Force = ma, so mass is directly related to the total FORCE he can generate with his saber. When he flipped his saber around, he greatly increased his rotational FORCE thus allowing him to inflict much more pain upon opponents.

Don't worry Admiral, I gots yo back.

You really have to stop Star Wars posts... People are starting to avoid me, either that or my Jedi mind tricks are finally starting to work.

Unknown said...

Christina -

If mac you have iMovie you must use.

April & Anthony Callison -

Through all it's annoyances and bloatware for Windows, Roxio VideoWave best mix of features and ease of use it still is.

Allison said...

Dave LOVES these Star Wars posts! We laugh so hard every time you post something about it.

Emily said...

Ha ha - I love your "force" analysis, Mark.
I'll have to tell Admiral Kev.

Jenny said...

I still can't figure out how you match your picture transitions to the music so well. AMAZING! That's definitely a keeper movie and I'm glad your kids love being outside. It reminds me of us when we were little.

Emily said...

Actually, Jenny - I cheat. I zoom in on the music track and match the pictures up with the strong beat visually. It comes out dead on every time.

But yeah, I like this movie too because it captures "being a kid" and reminds me also of our endless days of play.

Melissa said...

Great video!!! It is so fun to see the kids playing outside (as I sit in the kitchen at the ranch watching the wind whip the snow into a major blizzard). Oh....to be a kid again!

val said...

okay my fav was the slow motion crash-awesome! Also just noticed Isaacs quote-so accurate

Gina Rochelle said...

Wow, looks like we need to move to your neigborhood. With all the girly things and the opression of Princess Em, I don't think my sons true boy can emerge.