It's true. 95% of the time I have no complaints about the nearly perfect weather in Houston. However, it seems to be coupled with some episodes of extreme weather that leave me either high-tailing it out of the city or huddling in the closet - with no power - in the middle of the night - with the emergency radio - a bag of Doritos - and my way-too-excited children. Nate is in New Orleans. So he missed (again) the excitement the kids and I faced last night as torrential thunder storms and tornadoes
pounded our neighborhood. Our bathroom flooded - and apparently so did most of the city. School was canceled (obviously). But we're alive, the electricity is back on, and the kids are happily watching "Bolt" for the bazillionth time. What more could I ask for? Hmmm, a freshly baked double-chocolate croissant and a strawberry-mango smoothie. I think I'll go make some breakfast now.



Um, recognize this intersection?

Or this neighborhood?
Come home soon, Honey!
.
9 comments:
Time to add sandbags to the emergency supplies!
Holy smokes, you guys have so many adventures. I'm glad you're okay!
My goodness! I don't think I ever want to live in Houston. Max gets worried about a flood coming when we have non-stop rain in Seattle, so I'd better not show him your pictures.
WOW!!! Time to get out the swimsuits and floaties and call it a party!
Wow, Living in Texas has certainly been an adventure! You hardly have time to clean up from one disaster when another hits. I'm so sorry they seem to hit when Nate is gone.
Personally I prefer Mango-banana smoothies.
Wow, that is some serious flooding. Good night! I've never seen it that bad.
Yeah, Pete. Thanks for not warning us about the insane weather here!
. . . and for moving away and leaving us to fend for ourselves!!!
Wow that's crazy! I'm sorry Nathan was gone for it, but I'm glad you guys are okay. Good luck with the rest of Spring! :)
If Pete is referring to the Asian Mango Banana smoothies, then I'm with him 100%, their the ones with the little tapioca inside. I think I prefer those over pretty much anything in this world.
Post a Comment