Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Symptoms

- frequent yawning.

- nodding off in church (more than usual).

- locating bathrooms in places I'd normally hold it.

- falling asleep while reading with the kids. Mid-sentence.

- crawling into bed at 9:00 pm with a headache and all the intention in the world of getting up in 40 minutes to finish folding the laundry. But not really.

- waking up with barf-breath.

- thinking about reading but taking a nap instead.

- thinking about eating.

- eating.

- eating some more.

- making random trips to the pastry shop.

- being asked to bring dinner to an exhausted pregnant mother in the ward.

- cooking a chicken dinner, delivering it right on time, and then eating cereal and milk for dinner with my own kids.

- being told by my children that my tummy looks funny and that maybe I ate too much at the birthday party.

- feeling giddy.

- feeling moody.

- feeling giddy.

- being accused (by husband) of being "mean". (????)

- feeling giddy.

- absent-mindedly smiling.

- absent-minded about everything, actually.

- frequently checking out my profile in the full-length mirror.

- secret looks from my husband.

- adoring other people's babies (and gear).

- daydreaming about names.

- ignoring all else (including yells from the bathroom about no toilet paper) when I feel the tiniest butterfly in my stomach.

- hearing a heartbeat and falling helplessly in love.

- smiling again and again . . . and again at the cutest little blurry black and white images.

- counting the days (hours, minutes) until October 7th.


It was an announcement.
(in case you were wondering about the "Soccer Mom" post)



Watch out world!

Baby Smith #4 is on it's way!

.

23 comments:

Emily said...

Because I know you'll all ask -
(and because I really really want to tell you)

I'm 16 weeks.

Jessica McKay said...

I relate to it ALL! My big question is why everything except French Onion Sun Chips makes me barf. I know I'll never eat them again after this pregnancy.

debs said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You'll let us know when you find out if it's another boy or if you will get a little girl to add some princess to your mix?

The Gunnerson Family said...

I will start the prayers for a girl NOW and not quit until I find out if it has worked! (although I am positive that it is a little late for me to influence the gender with my prayers.)

Emily, I LOVE reading your blog. It chronicles the wonders of motherhood so well. You can make everything interesting and funny. I can't wait to see you this summer, and let all of the BOYS play! I can't wait to see the interaction between Issac and Noah. Truthfully, they will probably be best of friends because they will understand each other so well.

I think that everyone should be "blessed" to have three energetic boys like we do. It puts a who new perspective on patience and tolerance. Aren't we lucky to have so many opportunities for growth.

When are you planning on coming to Utah? Can't wait. Maybe it will be time for another Harry Potter reunion.

Michelle said...

Congratulations!! I hope Heavenly Father gets the memo that it's your turn to have a little girl :-)

Can't wait to find out.

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! You probably wouldn't know what to do with a girl if you had one :) Even though you are so good with your boys, I think it would be fun to throw a girl into the mix!

Christina said...

I am just glad that you will now how more kids to write about.

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

from another mama to three boys I am simply praying for you a happy healthy BABY....because God knows the exact babe for you whether it be boy or girl it will fit with your family exactly like its supposed to.

CONGRATS!!!
Steff
(Okie River Mama)

Sheralie said...

WAHOO!! I am so happy for you. (And jealous. Always a step behind the amazing Smiths . . . .) I am SOOOO SOOO happy for you!! Good job keeping it a secret until now! I hope you feel better soon!

Nikki said...

Congratulations Emily!!! I will be sending pink thoughts your way. Although I am keeping a few for myself. (he he he). To bad we didn't live closer our kids are all close in age!

Melissa said...

We're all anxiously awaiting the debut of another little Smith, destined for future fame on Emily's amazing blog!
I just hope you can maintain the needed energy before the "opening night".

Christina said...

Emily, I thought about it all night. Except for the last 4, which are obviously baby related, I have all the those other symptoms. No baby, all the symptoms.

MariLouise said...

Excellen-tay! My most hearty congratulations. :)

Emily said...

Olivia -
I'll be in Utah for most of July (I think HP opens on the 15th) So YES!!!! I can't wait to see #6 with my favorite Harry Potter buddy. . . and sit on the curb - on main street - until 3 in the morning - talking. Yeah, I'm there.

I also can't wait to hang out with you and the boys. . .


Christina -
Ha ha - yeah. If you really want to know the truth? I have most of those symptoms ALL THE TIME - pregnant or not. I just have something to blame it on now. . .

Mandy and Brian said...

Yay! I can't wait to be an aunt for the 11th time!!! (It will never get old being an aunt I don't think)

April & Anthony Callison said...

Congrats! And be sure to tell the soccer mom too!! She has notta on you.

Jenny said...

I'm so excited I just can't stop smiling! Congratulations!

Hollie said...

Yeah! I am so excited for you. I too hope it is a girl, but speaking from experience, boys are far easier in teenage years. I hope your nausea ends soon, that is the worst for me. I am glad you are coming to Utah and I will try to come see you, though I never get to see Olivia and she lives there... I am a slacker in the friend department, but I will do my best to overcome that this summer.

Allison said...

Hooray! Congratulations, I can't wait for my kids to have another cousin!

val said...

Can hardly wait for the adventures you will have and share with us about not just 3 boys but 3 boys and a baby! So happy for you all.

Gina Rochelle said...

These are all signs of pregnancy? Oh man, I've been pregnant the last 3 years :) j/k Congrats! You are an AMAZING mom and any child sent your way is a very lucky kid indeed! You should have like 12 :)

Liz said...

Congrats Emily! I am so excited for ya!!!

Cameron said...

Awesome!! Congrats!