- You're not as good at it as you thought you'd be.
- It's more work - a lot more work - than you anticipated.
- Everyone ooohs and aaahs over the final product. Otherwise it's pretty thankless.
- When all is said and done you swear you'll never do it again. And then a few years later. . .
It's the end of the school year - FINALLY! And I organized my last classroom event. Here are a few glimpses. . . of which I deserve some hard-earned pats on the back - thank you very much!




Clayton officially graduated from Kindergarten.
Here he is in the graduation parade - Go Clay!
Here he is in the graduation parade - Go Clay!

And Isaac graduated from Preschool - Um. But not really.
He'll be back (to wreak havoc) for one more round before kindergarten.

I love this picture of "The Guys" (which is what Isaac calls them). It just might be my favorite picture of the year.
I love it so much I've given it a title:
My Little Viking
I love it so much I've given it a title:
My Little Viking

.
9 comments:
Holy crap, do you have to do all of that stuff as a room mom??? Note to self: never volunteer to be room mom...
Ya - I thought I was signing up to be a reading volunteer or something. . .
I had no idea I'd ALSO have to plan and be in charge of so much!
I've never known a room mom who put together an end of year party that was that cool! WOW! By the looks of the pictures Isaac was pretty proud to have his mom in charge of the coolest party at school. If I ever decide to put in the work as a room mom then I'm calling you for ideas. Nice work, everything is so so so cute and fun for the kids. Tell Clayton congrats on graduation from Kindergarten! I love the "my little viking" picture.
Umm that is amazing. It makes me feel better about my avoidance of the classroom this year. Again, so impressed!
Whoa. You did some amazing stuff. I signed up and it just meant I helped at the bean bag toss on field day and made sure the kids didn't go astray at the fun run and the Halloween parade. THose are some seriously lucky kids.
Hmmmm. . . yeah. That's sorta what I had in mind too. . . but instead I was a slave to the PTO (and their demanding expectations)this year.
Thankfully there were a lot of other willing and generous parents - who helped a ton!
You are soooo amazing....and that comes from a mother who was a room mother many times over, but never put together anything close to what you do! I loved the video. Those kids and teachers are so lucky to have such a talented room mother.
Congrats to both boys for all they learned and accomplished this year in school.
Um, that is why I can't be a room mom. I could never live up to the amazing things that other room mothers have done. Of course, why am I the least bit surprised that you did so many amazing things. That is totally you. One word. Amazing. When are you going to be here? I can't wait. I am hoping that it is around the time Harry Potter opens. I need a date for the movie.
I'll be there from July 3-18. HP opens on the 15th (I think) - so it's a date!
I really really can't wait to see you and the boys and the new house!
Post a Comment