Muy-Pregnant Me.(Isaac took this today. nice, huh.)
Asks-Too-Many-Questions Clayton.
Intensely-Loud Isaac.
Pee-Pee-Pants Brigham.
And Saintly-Could-Not-Do-This-Without-You Christine. (Thanks for flying all the way here to make this crazy drive with me - you have NO IDEA what you're in for!)Nate will meet up with us for the Seattle part of the trip and then we'll all make the long-haul drive back to Texas (via Durango).
I still don't have everything packed. But I did finish this little travel guide (of all the stops we'll make) for the kids - 3 copies, laminated, bound ("like the golden plates"), with extra activities in the back, whew!
Hopefully it will keep them occupied for uhhhhhh . . .
insane amounts of time in the car. . .
insane amounts of time in the car. . .
Wish me luck! I probably won't blog while I'm gone
(but I'm not making any promises).
(but I'm not making any promises).
.
11 comments:
Good Luck! You are a very brave woman!
Holy Cow... I had no idea you had such a big trip planned! Good Luck!
Cute travel books! Last time I talked with Christine, she mentioned that she was going to help you make the drive. It sounds like fun! We are heading out in a day or two (not sure exactly, due to an unexpected move) for UT and AZ. Maybe I'll copy your travel book idea...love it!
ok that is the cutest book for the boys. I can see Clayton really getting into it. I hope the drive up goes smoothly and I can't wait to see you this week!
THose books are amazing. I choose to just yell at my kids. Probably not as effective. Having just done the trip to San Diego and back I must say that you are absolutely insane. INSANE. But you are a great mom and making great memories for your kids. And you are are probably not as big of a baby as I am about road trips.
Sweet Prep Emily. I hope it pays off. I just flew down to Durango and drove a new car home from Farmington, NM. It was a little snowy in the mountain pass around Price, but overall a really nice trip. Make sure the kids don't blink when you're driving through Durango or they might miss it! Can't wait to see y'all.
Wow. We were impressed with ourselves for driving from Atlanta to Las Vegas and back but that certainly wasn't anywhere near 90 hours! So what's takig you all the way to Seattle (maybe I should read through all your posts before asking this)?
Seriously??!?! How do you come up with this stuff? I think you win Mommy of the Year. Have Fun! Hopefully I will actually get to meet you this year. We were at the Oakley Rodeo the other night and I reminded Addison that I have never met you. He didn't believe me! Hopefully we can meet up sometime over the Holidays:)
Great guide. I suppose it is too late to start wondering these things, but did we cross paths? We are in Idaho right now and will be in SLC tomorrow flying out. You are probably just driving through this area anyway, but thought it might be fun to see you.
We're still in Utah. Just completed the Shakespeare tour in Cedar City and we'll be in Oakley and SL for another week before we fly up to Seattle.
And just in case any of you are interested. . . the "travel guides" kept my kids entertained for oh. . . a good 2 minutes of our 42 hours of driving so far.
Shoot. We were there on Saturday most of the day after our flight from SLC to Tokyo got cancelled. It was especially nice of them to cancel and then automatically rebook us on an earlier flight (which we of course missed, not knowing we were on it). So we spent the afternoon at temple square. Maybe next time - we have to get back to TX one of these days.
Post a Comment