Tuesday, July 14, 2009

We Miss You Too, Honey. . .

At the risk of committing one of the hugest blogger faux pas in the history of blogging, I am about to post fifty pictures. You heard me. Fifty. I really wasn't planning on blogging at all while on vacation because hey! it's Vay. Cay. Shun. And besides, I knew I'd be too busy driving halfway across the country and back ( while wrangling my three little cowboys) with visits and stops from here to there and everywhere. And when I wasn't doing that. . . I knew I'd be busy lounging on the front porch at the ranch doing absolutely nothing except soaking in the sunset, listening to the cows moo, and watching my dad in his cowboy hat and scrubs digging up the yard with his backhoe.

But I just so happened to check my sitemeter the other day and noticed quite a few visits from a particular (lonely and hard-at-work) husband of mine back home who I love dearly . . .
AND MISS!

So just so you don't have to look at the same old pictures of us again and again, Honey - I'm posting a few (ha ha - I really tried to narrow it down. really. I did.) of my favorite pictures of our trip so far in chronological order. And the only thing that would make them better is if you were in them. . .

We miss you.

Oh, and to those of you (cough, cough) who begged me to post pictures just so you could steal copies because your camera was broken or because you forgot to take pictures in the first place - here you go. You're. Welcome.
----------------------------------------------------------

Cadillac Ranch
(Amarillo, Texas)
Wow! Those are some excited kids to finally be released from the car after 13 hours of driving. Seriously. Look at Brigham. . .

I love the boots on this tire. . .

Albuquerque
New MexicoAh, good times with old roommates. . . did I say old?
yeah, we're still such babes though.


Arches National Park

(Moab, Utah)

My boys thought this place was better than Disneyland. . .

(but shhhh, they've never been to Disneyland)

Ooooo. . . Isaac uses his super power muscles to steady "balanced rock"

hmmm, sand angel?



Fourth Of July

(Oakley, Utah)There is no place better ON EARTH. . .

than Oakley - especially on the 4th of July.

This is how excited Isaac was to see his cousins.


Hogle Zoo
(Salt Lake City, Utah)Yay! More good times with roommates!




Cove Fort
(TheMiddleOfNowhere, Utah)
where my boys terrorized the sweet missionaries with their full-volume (violent) battle re-enactments.

My hair is awesome in this picture.



Shakespeare Festival

(Cedar City, Utah)"Comedy of Errors" was my favorite - I almost peed my pants laughing.

"Wherefore art thou Romeo?"

Enjoying the Greenshow. . . "Hazzah!"

You'd seriously be impressed by Mark's swimming pool stunts - (unless you're Isaac and it involves the water noodle).

I love Hogi Yogi. . .
and Cafe Rio. . . and Stans. . . and. . . my hungry stomach really needs to move back to Utah.

I already gave in with the light sabers. And there's something noble about being a valiant and brave knight. Right? So fine. I caved. I am now the proud owner of three plastic swords.
What's the harm in that?

Uhhhhh. . .


Back At The Ranch
(Oakley, Utah)
This is my favorite picture. . . EVER!



Oh, I dream about those blue eyes. . .





Isn't this place a boy's heaven?





And isn't my mom the dream grandma?



It might just be my heaven too.







Because where else can you see this while soaking in your backyard jacuzzi?

Ha! Or this?


This Is The Place
Heritage Park

(Salt Lake City, Utah)



Temple Square
(Salt Lake City, Utah)


Brigham's "great-ate-ate granfodder" and namesake.


Grandma Joycie's House

(Salt Lake City, Utah)

Mandy and I laughed so hard at this picture of Isaac looking through grandma's antique picture viewer. Those magnified eyes crack me up.

The Sisters
All Together Again 2009

Love you, Honey. I can't wait to meet you en route to Seattle on Saturday - our 8th Anniversary!
.

10 comments:

Christina said...

What? You aren't supposed to post 50 pictures every post? Even though I know I shouldn't, I do it every time.

Your trip looks like so much fun. I think if I could be born again, I would want to come back as one of your kids.

Pete said...

Nice pictures. Fun trip.

Allison said...

Hooray! My picture poaching begins!

becca said...

So many great pictures! And for the record, I love posts like this. I don't get to see you guys nearly enough, so pictures are good :)
It looks like you're having a super fun trip so far. Can't wait to see you in Seattle!

Jenny said...

Great pictures! I'm sure you get tired of the rest of us always stealing them, but I sure do appreciate it! Thanks! I love the boys in the cowboy hats.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Never too many pictures! I am so happy that we were included on your tour of Utah. I can't believe that 20 years after our friendship began we still love to hangout and chit chat while our kids play so nicely together (ha ha). I am already looking forward to next year and another round of Harry Potter. Thanks for making time for me!

Gina Rochelle said...

Great pics! This is good preparation for our relatively short Texas trip. And how do you get so many pictures to show up in one post? My posts start dropping pictures after 3? I guess I need a blogging lesson or something.

Jesse said...

Man, I'm homesick for Utah now... I'd have to agree with your favorite picture- that one is classic.

p.s. you've heard Nate is getting married next week, right? Then moving to Boston...

Emily said...

Yes! I'll be there for the sealing. . . I'm so excited to see my favorite Cannon cousins.

Ha! I just realized you can see Isaac peeking through Mandy and me in that last picture. . . Aw, I didn't even know he was there.

Melissa said...

Your pictures really do make Utah, and especially the ranch look like a bit of heaven. Thanks for leaving me with so many wonderful memories!