We're finally back from our marathon Summer Vacation which was really like seventy vacations - one right after the other.
In 1 month we traveled 6,980 miles (mostly driving), visited 6 different states, stayed overnight in 9 different locations, and accumulated 1 speeding ticket. We have a lot to show for ourselves.
I'm exhausted. But I wouldn't trade these memories for the world. Thanks FAMILY and friends for living in such cool places! And for letting us come visit. We miss you and are already pouring over these pictures. . . remembering. . . daydreaming. . .and wishing we were there again.
Until next time. . .
Here's seventy (I'm shameless now - I'm not even going to make excuses for posting so many.) of my favorite pictures of the second half of our trip. In chronological order.
Meeting Daddy at the Airport
(Salt Lake City, Utah)
(Salt Lake City, Utah)
(Seattle, Washington)

Grandpa Bill and Grandma Kappy's House
(Bellevue Washington)
(Bellevue Washington)



Snoqualmie Falls
(Snoqualmie, Washington)
(Snoqualmie, Washington)



Mount St. Helens
(Silver Lake, Washington)
(Silver Lake, Washington)


The Puget Sound
(Bremerton, Washington)
(Bremerton, Washington)
We Texans definitely came unprepared for the cool Northwestern breeze. Luckily the Smith's had plenty of extra jackets around. . . including, yup, that's right - a Dallas Cowboys coat??

The Fountain
(Bremerton, Washington)
(Bremerton, Washington)
Forget about the ferry boat ride, the cool Navy Ship tour, and the museum - my kids thought this fountain was the highlight of Bremerton. They could have played here all day. (oh wait, they did.)




Space Needle
(Seattle, Washington)
(Seattle, Washington)
Mariner's Game
(Safeco Field, Seattle)
(Safeco Field, Seattle)



Slip-N-Suislide
(Grandpa Bill's Backyard)
(Grandpa Bill's Backyard)
This is what you get when you combine a steep grassy slope with five gigantic tarps, a hose, and about a gallon of dish soap. . .








Grandpa Jack's House
(Provo, Utah)
(Provo, Utah)
Rocky Mountains
(Silverton, Colorado)
(Silverton, Colorado)


The Middle Of Nowhere
(Somewhere East of El Paso, Texas)
(Somewhere East of El Paso, Texas)
Yup. This is really the most interesting thing between El Paso and San Antonio - which is about a 10-hour drive.Riverwalk
(San Antonio, Texas)
(San Antonio, Texas)

3 hours more of driving (not pictured - but it sounded like this: Whack! AHHHHHHhhh! spit, spit, spit, Whack! Bang! Kick! More screaming. More hitting. More spitting. More tattle-taling.) until finally. . .
Ahh, home sweet home.
And now I'm off to my Defensive Driving Class. Grrrrrr. . .
.
Ahh, home sweet home.
And now I'm off to my Defensive Driving Class. Grrrrrr. . .
.


















9 comments:
Lots of fun pictures! How lame of that police officer to give you a ticket...the nerve! I should have tried hooking up with you guys in the Seattle area. I wasn't sure when you were going to be here and we were gone for most of the time anyway. Next time!
I love Durango and the train. I am glad you were able to see it among the other FUn things!
That looks like so much fun! We miss you back here in Utah but I'm glad you make it back safely!
Whoaa, talk about super parents... I'm pretty sure I wouldn't try that kind of trip with just ONE boy! Favorite pic? Clayton and the glowing helmet with the f-16's in the background.
Emily, I missed you! Glad you are back. Your trip looks amazing. I love the kids drawings, the song, and all 70 of your pictures.
Wow. what a trip! My favorite picture is the one with the three boys on the horse statues. Grandpa Bill surely is nice to let you pour dish soap all over his lawn....that looked as fun as any water park.
I'm glad you all arrived home safely.
Maybe you can give a few pointers in the driving class about how to drive and arrive alive with unbelievable "distractions".
oooh, if I let you be me, then do I get to be you? If that's the case then, YES!
It was so fun seeing you guys. We need to try and do that more often! Tyler is still asking about your boys daily and they often pop up in nightly prayers. (Please bless Clayton, Isaac, and Brigham to come over tomorrow...)
You forgot to mention that right after your mammoth cross-country trip, you turn around a retrace some steps to attend Nate's sealing in San Antonio! We really appreciated the time you took to join us in celebrating Nate & Angie's wedding. I also enjoyed spending time with the kids at the Ranch this summer. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your fun trip - it reminds me of some of the long drives Pop would take with 6 kids in the station wagon (like Seattle and New York World's Fairs).
Uncle Russell
Oh. Just wait, Russ. . . just wait.
Post a Comment