Saturday, October 31, 2009

I'm A Little Jack-O-Lantern

Carving pumpkins. . . hmmm. . .
It totally sounds like such a kid-activity, right? Then why is it every year I end up doing ALL the work??? This year the kids helped (at least) by designing their own jack-o-lantern faces (and then complaining when I carved it slightly different than their drawings). But when all was said and done, they turned out adorable. And the boys were so proud!


Eliza, on the other hand, didn't exactly appreciate my pumpkin-carving skills.
Isn't this the saddest, cutest picture?

Our little pumpkin did however like all the attention she got parading around town like this.



And now for the grand finale. . .

Here's Brigham singing, "I'm a Little Jack-O-Lantern"



"Were you scared?"

.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I ended up with so many cute Jack-O-Lantern pictures I thought they were deserving of their own post. So I included Brigham's song and the picture of Eliza in this post too - just because they fit better. Enjoy!

Sheralie said...

I like your point about Mom doing much of the work. We have the same problem here and came up with the same strategy of having the boys take plenty of time to design them. Great minds think alike :)