Sunday, November 1, 2009

Blessing Day


Nate blessed 4-week-old Eliza at church today. Besides feeling very homesick for family, everything went beautifully. . .



Two more tiny reasons why I love having a baby girl.

Cute, huh? It's amazing what you can do with Oreos.
The boys helped make these for "Family Night" in honor of Eliza's special day.

"Each second we live is a new and unique moment of the universe, a moment that never was before and will never be again. And what do we teach our children? We teach them that two and two make four, and that Paris is the capitol of France. When will we also teach them what they are? We should say to each of them: Do you know what you are? You are a marvel. In all the world there is no other child exactly like you. In the millions of years that have passed there has never been another child like you. And look what a wonder you are! Your legs, your arms, your cunning fingers, the way you move! You have the capacity for anything. Yes, you are a marvel." - Pablo Casals (Spanish cellist)



Being a mother definitely compels me to rely on (and appreciate even more) the gospel of Jesus Christ that teaches us not just what we are but who we are. Today, through the words and power of the priesthood, I experienced a glimpse of that.
Yes, Eliza, you are a marvel.




.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Sorry for the delay in posting this. I wrote it on Sunday - just took me a bit longer to add the pictures. . .

I feel like I'm in a time warp - life moves so quickly.

Christina said...

Emily, thanks for the parenting reminder. Again.

Yes, our kids are marvels. That sounds so great. I love it.

Jenny said...

I love your hair Emily and I like the Casals quote (not just because he's a cellist). Where did you get Eliza's amazing blessing outfit?

Emily said...

It was a gift.

So yeah. Eliza really dressed up for the occasion. I think Brigham wore pajamas for his baby blessing.