Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Wedding Weekend

What a whirlwind weekend! My beautiful baby sister is now married. The last of the sisters. Isn't she stunning? Yeah, she's also smart, funny, and talented. It should be outlawed, I know. . .
You are amazing, Boo. It was so great to see you (and everyone) this weekend. Brian Porter is one. lucky. guy.

So here are a few pictures of the wedding events and the people I love. . .

Wedding Dinner

Well, I'm glad we've still got it in us even though it was probably our family's last wedding performance together. Brian's uncle just happened to be one of my music theory professors at BYU (he is now the dean of the music school). It was nerve-racking to play in front of him after all these years (especially since he commented on my bow hold afterward).

Besides the bride and groom, Eliza was the star of the show - meeting everyone for the first time!
Four generations. . .

Salt Lake City Temple





Mandy and Brian with all the nieces and nephews (minus my three boys and Melanie's youngest)

The sisters

I love Eliza's expression - and that I can see my own reflection in those eyes!

more people I love. . .

It was freezing! Can you tell? (Cute Caitie)

Eliza napping in between wedding events. She looked like an angel.

love all that hair.

The Reception


My uncle Russ took this of Eliza before the reception.
I love it.

Mom and Dad

Mel's kids

Ha! Look how bored Eliza looks. . .
after a long day of being hauled around like this!

It was so fun to see all of my favorite people. . .

like my childhood violin teacher, Mr. Chatelain.

Vampire family?
I hope someone else (with a not-so-crappy camera) got a better picture than this.


The weekend went by too fast. I wish I could have stayed longer - like for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
I love you all!

.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Em, it was soooooo nice to have you here over the weekend. We love being with you and I am so glad to have met sweet Eliza. You are always such a happy trooper and Eliza was a champ. Thanks for making the weekend so much more fun! We miss you already and thanks for the GREAT pictures you posted!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful wedding! I loved Mandy's hair and her dress. I loved the colored she chose. So fun that you guys are all grown up and married now! Eliza is precious!

Emily said...

Jenz - thanks for the ones I stole from you too.