Thursday, February 25, 2010

2010 Winter Olympics. . .

at our house.

Here are a few highlights:

Nordic Combined


Biathlon


Luge





And. . . That's about as good as the Winter Olympics get when "winter" around here looks mostly like this:




and this:





Our Polish neighbors go to Utah every winter for a two-week ski trip. I am so jealous. They tell me that my kids will be handicapped growing up in Texas without skiing, sledding, or snow. . . I tell them that as soon as they pay for me and my four kids to fly to Utah, I'll gladly join them on their ski vacation. Until then - I'm happy to spend my winter afternoons launching water rockets outside and watching my kids bobsled on pillows down the stairs.

.

2 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Oh Emily, enjoy your winters away from the snow while you can. You never know when you will be back here (although hopefully it is before our kids are too old to be BFFs like us) and you will be ENDURING the snow until May.

Emily said...

I miss the Olympics. . .