CONVERSATION AT THE DOLLAR STORE:
As the boys are each paying for their own "Water Blaster Rockets"
Cashier: Wow! you guys sure have a lot of money! You have more money than I do, that's for sure! (smiling cutely at their $3)
Clayton: Yeah, that's because you work at the Dollar Store.
Cashier: Ha ha ha (turning red) you're right. I need to get a better job, huh huh huh.
Clayton: You should work at Target. They charge a lot more than a dollar for stuff there. Plus they have groceries. When I grow up I'll never work at the Dollar Store. I'm going to work in a lab because that's where Scientists work.
Isaac: And I'm going to work on a race track because that's where Race Car Drivers work!
Uhh. Don't my kids just make your day?
Brigham is sick again. He woke up crying in the middle of the night. When I asked him if he needed anything he said (half-sleeping):
"No. I don't need anything except . . . baseball."
"What? Do you need a drink?"
"No. The only thing I need is baseball, Mommy."
And then he went back to sleep

"I told my teacher today that she was a Lamanite because she speak-ted Spanish. I told her it would be better to be a Nephite except all the Nephites died. But she didn't believe me." -Isaac
great. I'm sure she had no idea what you were talking about.
Isaac, looking at the logo on the Audi that just passed us:
"Mom! Look! That car is in the Olympics!"

". . .and please help us all to obey the constitution and bless that all the people in the world that don't have a good government will be able to get a democracy. . ."
Can you tell Clayton is Nate's son?

QUESTIONS OF THE DAY:
Clayton:
"Is Grandma Melissa a Sherpa?"
after learning (vaguely) that a Sherpa is someone who lives in the mountains and is good at mountaineering.
Isaac:
"Did the pioneers fly airplanes? Because everyone says they crossed in planes."
Me: Briggy, I hope when you're all grown up you'll still give me Briggy-hugs and kisses.
Brigham: I will Mommy. I'll give you a BILLION kisses!
Me: You promise?? (wrapping him in a big hug) Hey! Where are you going?
Brigham: (pushing himself away) I'm not grown up yet! You don't get any kisses yet! You have to wait until I'm grown up and THEN I said I'll give you a billion kisses!
Hm, that's not quite the deal I had in mind. . .

Eliza: AaaaahhhhGgghhh(gurgle, gurgle)Aaaaahhhh
Brigham: Agua! Mommy, Eliza said agua! She wants water!
Eliza: AaahhhBbbbhh(bubble, bubble) Eaaayyhh
Brigham: Abre! Mommy, Eliza said Abre!
Eliza: AaaahhBbbllFffVvvooooo
Brigham: Abloo! Abloo? Sorry, baby. I don't know that word in Spanish.

.
3 comments:
Your kids crack me up!!
I am a fan of the quote book. That is great. Clayton cracks me up. Mostly because he isn't even trying to be funny. That dollar store one is my favorite.
Hey Emily!
So fun to hear from you. Your boys are handsome and Eliza is darling! Time flies, doesn't it? Keep in touch.
Post a Comment