Clayton (and Eliza) and I spent the day at a music camp for young pianists. I was in music-teacher-heaven and flooded with memories of my own childhood music camp days.I remember meeting my grandma for licorice ice cream in between music classes and playing in the water fountain. I remember depleting my piggy bank at the university bookstore. I remember my dad surprising us with his new fire-red Fiat convertible - which my mom grumbled about - and which we all piled into for a drive after the recital. Hmmm. . . funny I don't remember anything about the actual music except the time my violin bow got all tangled in my fine tuners backstage. I came out anyway on cue and stood like a statue in playing position - my bow stuck and tangled in it's place. After a while (of nothing) I just bowed and walked off. Lucky for me, everyone still clapped. And I breathed a 4-year-old sigh of relief backstage.

Here are a few pictures of Clayton at music camp. I think he had a good time - even if all he remembers years from now is lunch at the Olive Garden. . .
Master Class with Mrs. Doris
Origami Piano
Orff Class
Theory Class

"Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm to life and to everything. " - Plato

.
Master Class with Mrs. Doris
Origami Piano
Orff Class
Theory Class
"Music gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm to life and to everything. " - Plato

.

4 comments:
Ah Em, you really know how to make life look and sound AMAZING. I love all of the pictures, stories, and sayings that I get when I chcek in on the Smith clan.
However, I am going to have to stop looking at you blog if you insist on including so many pictures of you BEAUTIFUL little Eliza. I mean, think what you are doing to me. (Of course you totally deserve such a beautiful little girl, but I can only take so much before I just cry!)
You know you're next, Olivia. . .
I LOVE that last picture of Clayton. He looks like he is having the best time.
I also remember getting ice cream with grandma and buying books at the bookstore. If that is me in the stroller, I guess I don't remember anything else because I slept through it.
What a fun day!
So how do I find out about things like this? So wonderful and inspiring. Makes me miss you.
Post a Comment