Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"Earth Laughs In Flowers"

I'm pretty sure most of you already know this trick but I just discovered it - this awesome-easy-cheap-cute way of making flower hair clippies. (it's amazing all the things I learn in the mother's room at church!)

I found these at IKEA. They're the perfect size - I love them.
After the flowers have been properly decapitated, just sew or hot-glue the pedals onto the clip, add a little bling, and. . .

Ta-Da!
A bouquet of interchangeable headbands!


And for all of you who are sick of seeing pictures of Eliza. . . Sorry. I'm really trying not to be so enamored with those chubbo-cheeks and chocolatey-eyes and dimpled-little-pudge-hands but I just. . . can't. . . help myself. She's like a camera magnet.

Plus I needed someone to show off my awesome craftiness!

And Eliza is the perfect model.

See what I mean? With the right accessories, she makes anything (or nothing, as it were) look good!

.

9 comments:

Nikki said...

I love the flower clippies! so cute!

MariLouise said...

I never thought I'd see the day! :)

Christina said...

Girls are so much fun, aren't they?

The Gunnerson Family said...

Argh.....the torture of it all.
(You know that I am TRULY happy for you!)

Allison said...

Aww, so cute. I wish Caitlin would still let me put headbands on her, or even cute clips in her hair, but she won't.

I sure wish I would have discovered this idea while she was still a baby. Eliza looks adorable, as usual.

Amanda Brown said...

Thank you, Emily! These are darling! You are so inspiring. :-)

Sam said...

Hey emily, WE are in San Diego, and thinking of going to the batallion. Are there any special things your parents do?

Sam

Emily said...

Yes! Go! You'll definitely see my parents they are there all day everyday. My mom has been showing kids how to play the fiddle - you can't miss her.

Sheralie said...

Those are BEAUTIFUL! Can we make a trade? You make more cute things and I will buy some pearl bracelets and necklaces? Lets set a price range and trade goods :)