Thursday, April 1, 2010

March Quote Book

"ellekchrik"
something that runs on electricity
"Atllant Ajorja"
the birthplace of Martin Luther King Jr.
"Osum"
an expression of amazement



Before Isaac went into school he said with the deepest concern,
"Do you think you can handle yourself today, mom? Do you think you can handle yourself, I mean, while I'm gone?"
Oh I don't know. . . It'll be tough.


Clayton was bandaging his skinned knee:
"This knee is more bloody than the other one because according to the way I fell, this knee had more velocity and more exposed surface area. . . I think."
more velocity wuhh??



Conversation with Isaac's bossy friend at the library:
Bossy girl: Hi Isaac! (bouncing) Is that your mom? (gawking) Your mom has FOUR kids?!? (accusing)
Isaac: Yeah? (shrugging)
Bossy girl: Why do YOU have four kids? (glaring at me)
Me: Do you REALLY want me to answer that??
Library Visitors: (turning, gaping, staring)
Bossy girl: Yep. (hands on hips, challenging, scowling)
Me: Because I'm just that. . . lucky.
after all, it is St. Patrick's Day!


Isaac's Poem
Oh, I love the world.
It's more than I can imagine,
With fiddley snakes and roly poly bugs,
And cars like Chitty Chitty Bang Bang.
I love everything - all things that be.
It's just as perfect as I can see.
I love the world.
And I love you,
Even more than I can imagine.



Briggs: I like being a cowboy.
Me: Oh yeah? Because you like wearing a cowboy hat?
Briggs: No. Because when someone says "Hi" to you, you have to say "Howdy" and because cowboys have to walk like this, step-sklide step-sklide step-sklide step!
And then he step-sklided around the entire grocery store saying "Howdy" to everyone.



". . .and please bless that Clayton won't be allergic to dogs anymore so that we can get a real dog even though mom says pretend dogs are just as fun I know they're really not. . . and please bless that I can be a real police officer and have a real badge that doesn't break. . ." - Isaac



"My teacher thinks this starts with B (pointing to a banana). But it really starts with W. . . Wuh-Wuh-Wuh- Wuh-nana! See? My teacher was wrong about that."
Yep Briggs, you're right. Wuh-nana definitely doesn't start with B!



1 comment:

Sheralie said...

Love it! Especially the conversation at the library. You handled it well . . . children can ask the darndest things.