Monday, May 3, 2010

April Quote Book

Well, Briggy dominated the Quote Book this month. He's at that perfect age, I guess, for saying constantly hilarious things. He makes me laugh out loud. . . er, unless he's being naughty - which is also a constant!


Brig:
I sneak-ted all my guys to school today. I did. All of them.

Me: What? What guys?
Brig: They really wanted to go so I just took-ted them in my pocket. See?
He pulls out a handful of roly-poly bugs and snail shells.


Eliza was eating at the table. Isaac was watching.
"I wish I were still a baby. So you would smile and laugh at me when I scream and make a mess all over the place with my food. . ."
sigh.


Brigham was eating raspberry jam and carefully spitting out every seed. Why?

"To plant jam trees!"
of course.


Brig:
Mom! I did pee outside! And it's big and yellow! You have to come see!
Me: Grrr. Briggy, we don't go pee-pee outside. That's yucky. You have to come inside and use the toilet.
Brig:
(look of total confusion) Just come see, Mommy.
See? And I also did r and i and g!
He had written "Brig" with chalk. And he was right - the B was big and very yellow.


"Please bless me to be as big as Clayton and bigger than Isaac. . ."

oh, the words uttered by the youngest of three brothers


Isaac was in trouble and had to do yard work with Nate while I took the other kids to a birthday party at Chuck-E-Cheese. After several hours of weeding and raking he said to Nate:

"Dad, you said I couldn't do anything with my friends today but you were wrong. Because I'm doing something with you right now"


"There's a big problem in the bathroom. Someone poured a whole sack of bread in the sink and soak-ted it for a science experience. And now there's a guy-JANtic mess all over the place! Come quick!"

ahem. . . and would that someone be you, Brigham?


Brigham:
My teacher said I can be anything I want to when I grow up!
Me: Oh yeah? What do you want to be?
Brigham: An airplane.


Brigham was helping me carry the grocery sacks and singing happily to himself.
Me: Brigham, where did you get all that cuteness, huh? and those strong muscles! Thanks for your help, kiddo.
Briggs: From Daddy.
Me: Huh?
Briggs: I got it all from Daddy.
um. that was a rhetorical question.


The boys were racing each other home from school. After several races of coming in last place, Briggy finally came trotting back to me with his head down. I was ready to give him my speech about how winning or losing doesn't matter when he suddenly looked up with the hugest-proudest smile and said (panting):

"Mom, did you see me? I was the last to WIN! I'm getting so good at winning."


"Mom, you smell good again like chocolate. Why do you always keep smelling like chocolate?"
hmmYmMmym. . . I have no idea?!?

2 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Either my kids never say anything funny, or I have a very bad memory because I swear I have never heard anything so funny as your cute little guys!

Pete said...

Hilarious. I especially liked the aspiration to be an airplane. Your house must just be one great stand-up act after another.