We celebrated Brigham's 4th birthday by combining his only two loves. Astro Boy and baseball. It sounds like a stretch but it totally worked for him. Way back in December I promised Isaac that if he could get ten green behavior marks in a row, I'd take him to see a movie. He did (for the first and only time all year). And so we all went to the theater. We got there late and only saw the last 45 minutes of this cartoon-boy-robot movie called Astro Boy. But it was enough for my kids to fall wholeheartedly in love with flying robots.
Isaac's "pretend" birthday at school just happened to be on Brigham's real birthday so we brought Astro-cupcakes to his class. And the boys enjoyed a double birthday celebration.
Later that night we went to the (are you ready for this?) Astros game. Yep, I couldn't have picked a better name for our city's baseball team. The game was awesome and as you can see, Brigham was in baseball heaven.







And of course no party would be complete without our traditional birthday brownie-cake and cupcakes. Which the boys gobbled up.
This globby-faced-crooky-smiled-buggy-eyed cake is a little scary, I know. But Brigham loved it and was amazed that "it look-ted just like Astro Boy!" Hey, I do what I can.
And what would super-flying-robot-boy do without all of his "robot friends"??


I promised Brigham some Astro-hair for the occasion. Here he is with his look-alike.
Happy Birthday Astro-Briggy.We're so lucky to have such a super 4-year-old in our family!
Love you, kiddo.

.
7 comments:
In Samuel's prayers he asks that be blessed to do all the things Astro Boy does. He also asks me when his Astro Boy costume will be ready. The one that I have no idea how to make. The one that I have intention on making until the night before Halloween. That cake is awesome. Thanks for sharing the ideas.
I love the hair! And the baseball pictures. Baseball and boys, so fantastic. I can not believe he is four!
How perfect! My boys all 4 of them love baseball. I love the cake. It is fantastic. I usually end up buying a dairy queen cake. :)
Em, you seriously know how to make a little boy's dreams come true! We have yet to see that movie, but it sounds like it is a must see for a family of little boys.
P.S. I love Brigham's comment about Sant Claus! When Rick and I were first married we were team teacher in the CTR 7 class. There was one little boy in our class that was...interesting. In sharing time one Sunday the lessons was about prophets and the teacher was holding a picture of Brigham Young. She asked if anyone know who it was and this "interesting" boy raised his hand and was SO exicted to know the answer. Santa Claus. Classic.
That last picture is SO cute. You should frame it. It sounds like Briggy had the birthday of his dreams, I can't believe he is 4 already!
I read this to Brigham. I had to explain what "only two loves" meant. Do you know what he said? Prepare your hearts to melt. He said, "But that is not my two loves today. Today my two loves is books and you, mommy."
Post a Comment