
When I was in 2nd grade my neighbor-kid-friend went to the San Diego Zoo. It was all he talked about like until Christmas. The great this. The awesome that. He acted like I had never been to a zoo before!!

So we went for the first time. And guess what? There's a reason my 7-year-old friend couldn't stop thinking about it. The San Diego Zoo is awesome. It's huge. It's like being in the jungle.

And believe it or not, the animals were actually the best part! I have never seen so so many Koalas. . . with babies on their backs. Polar bears. Panda bears. Okapis. A lake full of hippos.

So guess how many pictures I took of animals? None. (I can't even tell you what animal was so interesting to all these people in the picture below) Because it turns out I enjoy watching my kids even more than I enjoy watching animals.

Because let's face it. . .

they can hang. . .

climb. . .

balance. . .

perch. . .

explore. . .

and do tricks with water bottles. . .

better than any zoo animal.

Plus you get to take them home.

Lucky. . .

lucky me.

Besides looking at (and acting like) the animals though, the kids also loved piloting a helicopter,
riding the little zoo train,

spending time with grandma and grandpa,


and being with our family.


All good reasons to visit the world-famous San Diego Zoo.
.


4 comments:
That looks only slightly better than Hogle Zoo! We went there this summer. I don't think I'll show my boys your picutres!
The Hogle Zoo is still and always will be the zoo of my heart. . .
Cute post and great pictures! I love the two pictures with Dad and your boys and I can imagine the sound Dad is making in the second picture. Classic Dad.
I need to go back. A great zoo, as well as the wild animal park. As I child I remember my legs aching after being there all day. Now that I live in cities with smaller zoos, I find it exciting to cover the entire zoo in two hours! Glad you made it and had fun. I can't believe your family photo - the children are getting so big!
Post a Comment