Tuesday, August 24, 2010

This Is The Place

We visit the same places every time we're in Utah. You might think that we'd get bored of seeing the same things year after year. But every summer the kids BEG to go back to the same spots. . . and back. . . and back. . . and back. It's a tradition - like Christmas. And we never get tired of Christmas. So here are my favorite places (you've seen us here before). I don't have much to say about them except that I love them. Thanks to Jenny, Maria, and Melanie for hanging out with us AGAIN at places you see all the time. Enjoy the pictures.

Temple Square

(sorry window people. I tried. really I did.)


The boys fell in love with these miniature Book of Mormons and fake-read them everywhere!
Here is a picture of Brigham hiding from me. . . again.



Guess who came home soaking wet?
waiting for the Joseph Smith movie to begin.

Brigham in front of his great-great-great-great grandfather's house. He was excited to see "Aslan" above the front door.

Clayton watched this fountain for-ev-er until he figured out every possible water pattern.




Hogle Zoo

Still my favorite zoo on the planet.

The kids chased this leopard back and forth. Good times for all - except maybe the leopard.


This drinking fountain has been around since I was a kid. It's still one of the hottest attractions at the Hogle Zoo.
as you can see.

I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE this picture.



Eliza hanging on for dear life.




Aw, is this baby elephant the cutest thing???

Some Other Random Places

The Planetarium. Clayton was in heaven.
I love his magnified eye in this picture.Rich's wedding. So fun to see all the Cannon cousins.
Melanie's house where the boys built a "haunted mansion" in the garage and Evan (who got to play the Tabernacle organ last week with Andrew Unsworth. Lucky.) gave us a private concert.
while the girls fussed over, doted on, and cuddled with Eliza.
Heritage Park


Briggs in front of his namesake again.


Brigham demonstrating what happens to naughty boys at school.

Clayton writing his name using the Deseret Alphabet.


Cute Eliza. Just look at Eliza (not all my gross freckles).
farming. the boys got SO into this. I'm still baffled by it.

happy baby.


train ride.

Utah really IS the place.
.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I am so homesick after two posts in a row of Utah and remembering such good times.

I miss everyone.

Sheralie said...

Your freckles are cute. And your children too. Thanks for the virtual vacation. And I especially love Clayton watching the fountain. Great kid.