Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Inventor Clay is Eight Today!


Clayton is eight. My Clayton. My sweet little dimpled-boy with chocolate-brown eyes.

Eight.

We celebrated with a "contraptions" birthday party. . .


and a trip to Clayton's favorite place on earth - the LEGO store. . .


where he spent his entire wad of birthday cash from grandparents (he loves you forever!!!!) on the LEGO set he's been drooling over for months. . .


and (true to form) something for his brother's too - which, as you can see, made their day.


Nate and the boys spent the morning building a Rube Goldberg Contraption. . .



while I made the requested birthday cake: "Lemon-Jello-Poke Cake with lemon glaze, whipped cream, vanilla frosting, AND gears made out of fondant." (Ha! Can you tell who has the sweet tooth in the family??)


Do I deliver? Or do I de-liv-er!
(yes, there are really layers of lemon glaze, frosting, and whipped cream under that fondant! And somewhere underneath that? cake.)


So in honor of Clayton's eight wonderful years, here's a picture of the Time-line Project he did for school last week. What a life!


We love you Clay-man. So glad you're ours.


7 comments:

Emily said...

Yay! I'm finally current!!!!!!

Allison said...

Happy birthday Clayton! I can't believe he is 8, it seems like Dave and I were just visiting you in New York and litle 8 month old Clayton was toddling around.

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Clayton! The Rube Goldberg Contraption is awesome and so is the cake Emily! I want to see pictures of that Lego set when he gets it all put together.

Nikki said...

Happy Birthday Clayton!! It's great to be 8! I love the cake Emily it looks fantastic!

Sheralie said...

Will you do a blog on how to make fondant? It intimidates me. And I love Clayton, even if I can't marry him, I will never forget how he said that years ago :) It looks like another wonderful Emily production :) and they always impress me.

Emily said...

Who wouldn't want to marry you??? Yes, I remember a sad Clayton when I had to explain to him that you are already married.

I just bought that fondant already made. But I saw a tutorial on youtube and it looks pretty easy to make yourself. My kids LOVE it - ugh! I'm starting to wish I never introduced them to it.

The Gunnerson Family said...

What a birthday! I can't believe that he bought his brothers presents with some of his money. Man, that is one great kid. The cake looks GREAT, and sounds delicious too. Eight is a big birthday, Clayton seems to have grown into such a great young man.