"I like toys a lot. But I still like you better than toys, mom."
gee, thanks. I like you better than. . . uh. . .toys too Isaac.
"There are only two things I want in this world: A dog. And another little sister."
way to shoot for the fences, kiddo.
I was helping in Brigham's class today. The teacher was reading "The Very Hungry Caterpillar":
Teacher: What did you learn from this story?
Kid 1: Butterflies are pretty!
Kid 2: Sponge Bob looks just like cheese.
Kid 3: If you eat too much you get really fat.
words to live by. . .
Isaac was frustrated while practicing the piano.
Isaac: Grrr. I wish I was thirteen or something so I could play this!
Me: Don't wish to grow up too soon. You'd miss being six.
Clay: Yeah, you don't want to be a grown-up. Then you'll have to go to work everyday. . . well, except some days. Just be glad you're not a girl. Girls grow up to be moms and moms never get a day off!
Thank. You. Son.
We were eating at the Rain Forest Cafe for Clayton's birthday. Nate and I were having a conversation while Brigham tried to interrupt:
Brig: Daddy! Do you see what I see?
Brig: Daddy! I said, do you see what I see?
Nate: Oh, um, yes I do--That's great, Briggy.
Brig: Daddy. I'm going to ask you the same question again and this time you need to say the truth. Do you see what I see?
Nate: Well, oh, actually, no I don't.
Brig: That's because what I see is a camouflage butterfly.
Eliza: yasha! Iyayashang! Shang! Mamma!
Isaac: Why doesn't Eliza say more words in English? She used to speak Spanish but now she just speaks Chinese or something!
I went to a ward correlation meeting before church today. Nate got the kids fed, dressed, and to church all by himself. Besides feeding the kids sour milk (they complained of stomach aches all through primary) and Eliza showing up with her dress on backwards, Nate was a total success! He even made it there early! And everyone missed me.
Brig: Mommy where were you? I miss-ted you!
Me: I had a meeting this morning.
Isaac: Yeah. Because she's the President of the United States now.
Yup. That's me. I preside over the United States. That's why I go to lots of meetings.
Brigham was introducing me to three plastic counting bears.
"This is Charlie. This is Willyweeone. And this is Candy. They are my very favorite choking hazards."
What can I say? I've trained my older children well.
.
1 comment:
I love Clayton's understanding of what a mom's job is like, ha ha. Also after reading the quote about you being the President of the United States, Dave said that "of course Nate made it early to church, I'd be early too, in a panic and praying that I would find you soon."
Post a Comment