Monday, November 15, 2010

Piano Festival + Batting Practice = Good Weekend

Finally a normal weekend! Kind of. I wasn't in charge of any events, activities, programs, or parties. And I didn't have any other obligations outside of my own family - except for the worldwide leadership training meeting (Nate and I were both supposed to go. Nate went. I didn't. He took copious notes for me. Thanks, honey.) So it seemed normal. And with soccer games canceled on Saturday due to "cold" weather (who are these wimps??) and Stake Conference (i.e. no Primary) on Sunday, it felt like a real vacation.

Clayton competed in his first Piano Festival. He looked so cute sitting there all nervous, waiting for his turn, pushing his loose tooth with his tongue so it poked straight out. A girl sitting right next to the piano moved seats during Clayton's performance (you can see it in the video). One of the judges totally chewed her out for being distracting. Clayton whispered to me, "I wasn't distracted. I'm used to people moving around while I play". . . and yelling, and sword fighting, and launching projectiles, and purposely interrupting, and pestering. . . yup, kiddo. At our house you better be!



We're so proud of you, Clay-kid. A flawless job as always.


The boys pretty much headed outside for the rest of the day. Soccer. Baseball. Biking. I actually had time to hang out with them and take some video.
I love Isaac in the background. He has no shame - flopping down for a rest in the middle of a game.

Isaac at bat. This kid has power swings. Whenever he's up for bat I always warn everyone to stay clear. . . very clear. And when he actually hits the ball? It's out of the park (either that or straight into the ground). Always.

I love the hat on top of the hat. So Brigham. Here's some footage of Brigham at bat. I took video of all the kids batting. But I'm only posting Brigham's turn because well. . . it's Brigham. And he loves it so much. And because he hits almost everything you throw at him. Seriously. These clips are not edited. They play one pitch after the other - just as they came. The only thing I added is background music and a few text inserts.




Sunday was nice. When I wasn't in the hallway with Eliza or Brigham or taking Isaac to the bathroom - again, I actually listened to some of conference. Nate took the kids on a long walk after church while I devoured the new Leadership Handbook. We had a lovely dinner. Isaac taught the Family Night lesson on Noah. He even built a gigantic ark full of animals out of Legos. Clayton spent the day writing a play about the Great Apostasy. Not kidding. Here's a list of his characters: Narrator, Roman Bishop, Tyndale, Martin Luther, and Joseph. He also (finally) lost his other front tooth. Isaac knocked it out with a flashlight. So he's officially toothless - just in time for Christmas. Perfect, right? Nate stained his white shirt then he bleached it along with all the boys (stained) white shirts and now everyone's shirts look like new again. He also did all the dishes. Could I ask for anything more???

.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Brigs is the man! His home plate taps crack me up. As a lefty I think he has a chance at going pretty far...

Emily said...

ya - he kept popping the batteries out. I love how they find any random thing to use for bases (including an old clock). . . um, even though we OWN a real home plate and a set of store-bought bases.

Anonymous said...

I really enjoy your website and want to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of The Smiths blog would be interested in.

Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com