Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Merry Christmas To Me!

Do you see this? Three years. Three books. One blog.
I am in love.
Seriously - Nate rolled his eyes when these came in the mail and I couldn't stop hugging, kissing, and drooling over them.


All the memories. All here.




And look at this. . . I inserted a (higher definition than the ones on the blog) DVD of all the videos that I posted for that year on the inside cover of each book. cool, right?


photo album. family history. scrapbook. video documents. journal.


done.


.

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Soooo awesome!!! All that family history and memories. Your kids will eat it up for years to come. Great job! You rock.

Emily said...

yeah - it's just too bad that housework isn't done that easy.

April & Anthony Callison said...

How did you do this?? What program did you use? Please tell ALL your secrets!!

MariLouise said...

Yes yes, I second April! Please tell us how this amazing feat was accomplished!

Emily said...

there are several websites/companies that turn blogs into books. I messed around with a few. The most popular is blurb.com but I was frustrated out of my mind! Way too much work to make the layout look decent. I ended up using sharedbooks.com (the blog2book function) So easy. There aren't as many layout options but the process is much faster and less complicated. The books turned out awesome. I am 100% happy.

If I print a blog book every year it will cost me between $60-$80 per book. But if you consider the cost of ink, paper, binding and hassle of formatting and printing it all myself - it's totally worth it.

I can sleep well now knowing that I have a hard copy of all this. . . whew!

Gina Rochelle said...

I really need to do this! After losing most my pictures after my computer crashed (including all but like 5 of Baby Andrew :( ) I started to appreciate the value of hard copies.

Jenny said...

Very cool. Thanks for sharing how you did it.

The Gunnerson Family said...

Such a great idea. Those book will become priceless heirlooms to future generations. Love it. I should get around to doing something like that since I haven't even printed ONE picture in about 3 years. I will die if my computer ever crashed and I loose everything.

Melissa said...

Wow! What a treasure! It is totally worth it, especially considering all of the priceless things you have had on your blog.

Melissa said...

Is the "quote book" included? They are constant entertainment!

Emily said...

yup. Quote Book's in there. . .