Friday, December 30, 2011

December 2011 Quote Book

After wrestling with his brother upstairs Isaac came down limping.
"Ouch, I think I pulled my cow string."
uh, you mean your hamstring? close enough.


Every morning since Christmas Eliza has been anxious to come downstairs to

"See what Santa brought? Where's a toys?"
she totally gets Christmas. she just doesn't get that it only comes once a year.


"mom, can you get more cheese at the store? The kind that looks like shredded coconut but it's not coconut?"

you mean shredded cheese?


Brigham was reading Christmas books to himself. After a while he sighed, closed his book and asked,
"What color of teeth does Santa have?"
"probably white."
"No, I think brown. Because he smokes cigarettes."
what???
I snatched the book he was reading - Twas the Night Before Christmas - and sure enough a whole stanza about Santa smoking. sheesh! this whole Santa thing just gets more and more complicated.


The kids were playing "Family" tonight with some friends. Clayton and Anne were the parents and all the other kids were the kids - who were apparently all (very demanding) babies. This game involved lots of fake crying and whining, fake sucking thumbs, tons of blankets and pillows for individual baby beds, and lots of fake escaping from said beds. Anne and Clayton were recapping:
A: And finally we had to beg Brigham to be an older kid because five babies is just too many."
yeah, I hear ya on that one.
C: Then after a while we just decided to play "Oceanographers".
which I can testify was a much quieter choice.


We've had some cold weather recently. This morning on the way to school Isaac said,
"I'm cold. But not as cold as George Washington was when he crossed the Deleware."
I love living with a history buff.


As Clayton was heading to bed tonight he turned part way up the stairs and said,
"Mom, do you know what 8:43, 10:54, 9:48, 6:32, and 12 o'clock all have in common? Those are the exact times when both hands on the clock overlap. Okay, goodnight now."
uh, goodnight. . . (???) I glanced at the clock and he was right. it was 8:43. who thinks about these things? not me. and definitely not at this time of night. glad someone's brain works around the clock.


I wrapped 25 Christmas books to open and read each night until Christmas. It took me hours. Today Eliza opened half of them. When I walked in on her she threw her hands up and yelled,
"Ta-Da! I did it!"
you most certainly did.
.

No comments: