Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas With The Smiths

Christmas morning this year was another magical one for us. Especially because Eliza was so into it. Here's the line-up of Christmas kids in their new pajamas waiting (for dad to get the video camera ready) to make their procession down the stairs - from youngest to oldest as always.
Eliza was so cute - squealing with excitement. And that was before she even saw anything. . .And oh boy. . . once she saw the display of gifts from Santa there was no stopping her. I love this picture of her racing into the room.And if I were that girl? I'd be running too because she totally cashed in this Christmas with a toy kitchen (which was also for Lydia) and. . .
a doll that (coincidentally) looks just like her.
Santa had so much fun bringing gifts for little girls this year!
Eliza spent all morning cooking one-handed with her "dollie" tucked under the other arm. It made me smile to watch her multi-tasking - already better at it than me.

Lydia was happy about the toy kitchen too (or at least she will be) and her new Christmas doll. She gives Santa thumbs up.
She was cute as a button all morning long.
Besides light-up chapstick, Brig also got a pogo stick and a pre-cut cardboard rocket ship (not shown). Awesome, though.
Isaac and Brigham got some "Union Soldier" backpacks and gear - they've been camping out and fighting to preserve the Union ever since.
This powder horn was a gift from Uncle Drew.
Isaac was so surprised to get presents (at all) for Christmas. But he lucked out and Santa brought him just what he asked for: A remote control tank. Two, actually.
He also got a painting of George Washington (his hero) crossing the Delaware.
Clayton finally got the Lego robot he's been wanting (and asking) for two years. He disappeared with this thing and we didn't see him all day. He took a class at the Science Museum this summer and learned how to program one of these so he was totally pumped - as you can imagine.
The missionaries spent Christmas day with us. They got ties. They also played remote control tanks with Isaac, ate all our left-overs, and talked to their families. We love the elders.
And everyone was happy and grateful.
Especially me. I loved watching my little family - bright eyed, happy, and so loving. I was filled with gratitude over and over again for all our abundance. And I enjoyed sharing the day with the missionaries. Nate and I cherish these moments.






Merry Christmas!
.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

What an adorable family! Glad you guys had a great Christmas.

Jenny said...

Cute, cute, cute, cute pictures. Those are the best looking kids in Christmas pajamas ever. I'm glad it was so fun!