Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fun Times With Daddy

He had been telling the kids all morning he had something interesting to show them. The excitement was mounting. When I left for my meeting Nate was busily making photocopies while the boys clamored eagerly around the kitchen table in anticipation. When I got home I found this. Yup, that's right. The Periodic Table. The very thing that made my stomach churn in high school chemistry class.
Nate, you are the best. You are the sole reason all our children want to be scientists. This picture will always make me smile - especially as I imagine the exact thoughts of each child at this particular moment.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is what I see:

Clayton is figuring out what element 113 is and is going to name it "Smithton" or something.

Isaac is getting ready to draw blood and see if he can see individual white blood cell atoms.

Brigham... he's got to be dreaming of baseball

maria said...

I love Isaac! Head down on the table - says it all for me:). I hated chemistry class. Incidentally, Brookie is reading the same set of BOB books (and loves them!).

Maria

Emily said...

yeah, Brig says it all, right? That was totally me too in Chemistry class.

Emily said...

Mark - Ha! Isaac "drawing blood" cracked me up.

Sam said...

Nate,

I thought you were a lawyer. What are you teaching them about the table? About how the Noble gases do not have different rights than any other elements?

Nobody said...

I love Mark's recount---sounds spot on.

I think Nate and J are cut from the same cloth. And your oldest and my oldest would be responding about the same. Avee would be the one with her head on the table. And there would probably be some name calling involved, after J called this "something interesting". :)