My friend from church asked me what we did for spring break. "Well, I TRIED to do nothing." I said. She almost died laughing. "You? Do nothing? You can't be serious." I am serious. I really DID plan to do nothing for spring break this year (except take long naps and let my kids watch 6 hours of Star Wars. . . every day). But that was before the piano teacher scheduled an extra group class in addition to regular lessons. That was before the baseball coach scheduled two extra practices (where Isaac hit his first home run - yay! And Clayton hit his thumb - I couldn't tell who was more devastated, Clayton or his piano teacher). That was before the Cub Scout leader scheduled a family day hike (where Brigham got mauled by a dog, had an allergic reaction on his face, and had to be on Benadryl for a day). That was before swimming lessons, violin lessons, play dates, birthday parties and doctor's appointments. And when all was said and done, it turned out that we didn't have time for Star Wars at all. . . or a nap. Definite signs that my life is WAY over-scheduled.
We did have time for a few "awesome" things though. Like the park. We visited six in five days.
love this picture.
The boys make sure Eliza doesn't miss a thing at the park - hauling, dragging, and hoisting her everywhere. She loved it.
Especially Brigham teaching her how to climb UP the slide - giving me one panic-attack after another.
And here's another failed attempt to take a "posed" picture of the boys. . .
Water pranks. People love us at the park.
Isaac's "space pod".
The boys camped in our backyard all week. They would move out there permanently if I'd let them.
I even managed to cram my pregnant self into the two-person kid-tent at night to read Harry Potter by flashlight and tell made-up ghost stories until all the kids were scared silly and both my legs from the waist down had fallen asleep.
Here they are fake-sleeping (although two of these boys are much better at it than the other)
I stepped outside to check on them. When the boys heard the noise they panicked and scrambled for their flashlights. I caught it on tape. (along with the NOISY crickets).And what's camping without S'mores???I discovered some dairy-free chocolate (not the fake kind) and for the first time ever Brig's marshmallow and graham cracker S'mores also boasted chocolate. He thought it was amazing. And I don't think he'll ever go back to chocolate-less S'mores again.
The kids also installed a basketball hoop in their room which has provided endless basketball drama upstairs day and night.
Clayton's really proud of his slam dunk. It totally helps that he's taller than the basket.
And Eliza has enjoyed having all her brothers at home to herself. Tagging along, copying every antic, and joining in on all their fun.
And lastly, a picture of me. For the record's sake.
Happy Spring Break!
And who knows? Maybe next year we'll actually do something!
.
The kids also installed a basketball hoop in their room which has provided endless basketball drama upstairs day and night.
Clayton's really proud of his slam dunk. It totally helps that he's taller than the basket.
And Eliza has enjoyed having all her brothers at home to herself. Tagging along, copying every antic, and joining in on all their fun.
And lastly, a picture of me. For the record's sake.
Happy Spring Break!And who knows? Maybe next year we'll actually do something!
3 comments:
Spring Break? Where is the snow? Oh, obviously you don't live in Kamas! I was making some big plans to take a day off of work and visit St. George one last time before we loose our vacation home (Chelsea is moving!), but everyday at work something else seems to come up that needs to happen that week! Pretty sure my boys will have spring break at the babysitter. See, it could be worse.
Hello Emily:) I know that you are just dieing for more things to do and all, but I was hoping you could lend me some of your brilliance. I am trying to start a book group here in Conroe and would love some great advice on a few good choices. Your family is so awesome by the way!!!
Oh dear--I am just catching up with your blog after being out of town and I think I know why you went into labor early! (Note to self: No camping or sleeping bags! Only 6 hour Star Wars marathons and long naps!) :) I hope you can incubate that little cutie a while longer! We're thinking of you.
xoxo,
ML
Post a Comment